Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Latest TV, tackling racism, Maty Ryan, Villa and Palace.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Clearly most people will have an opinion, and they will differ.

Couple of spoilers, I don't know why I'm described as a sports analyst, I told them I was a columnist, and I had to rush to get to a funeral so got the Palace date wrong, its 2002 not 2004.:ffsparr:

https://youtu.be/gcOBGtsRuhM

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You're wrong about the knee, mate. As soon as it stops people will 'move on'.

Of course people want actions. The keyboard racists should be stopped. Stopping taking the knee won't make it happen quicker :shrug:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You're wrong about the knee, mate. As soon as it stops people will 'move on'.

Of course people want actions. The keyboard racists should be stopped. Stopping taking the knee won't make it happen quicker :shrug:

It just goes to show that the racism hasn't gone away when " taking the knee " gets booed . We are in strange times indeed when a non-confrontational peaceful gesture of support and solidarity like taking the knee, is criticised by our very own BAME Home Secretary.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Taking the knee was a gesture, I think it's lost its 'impact' imo and the next gesture needs to picked up until we eradicate this blight from our society.

Agree it needs to be done at school level. It's not addressed enough imo at that level. Speaking as a husband, father and in-laws of a mixed race family.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
We are in strange times indeed when a non-confrontational peaceful gesture of support and solidarity like taking the knee, is criticised by our very own BAME Home Secretary.

I know. If only BAMEs would just shut the **** up and do what the white liberals told them to.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Thank goodness for that. Another thread on taking the knee that will be completely different to all the other ones.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It just goes to show that the racism hasn't gone away when " taking the knee " gets booed . We are in strange times indeed when a non-confrontational peaceful gesture of support and solidarity like taking the knee, is criticised by our very own BAME Home Secretary.

Yes it is strange. There is an element (maybe the home secretary is part of it) who appear to be frightened of a backlash against the taking of the knee. I say bring it on. What have we seen so far in terms of backlash? Apparently two people booed when crowds were allowed into a Brighton game. And plenty booed at a Millwall home game. Are these the sort of people the rest of us should be following? I think not.

I say to the Home Secretary, grow some. Don't hide behind your mountain of money, safe in your expensive house, and hope the nasty racists just go away. Support the guesture. Guestures are good.

And in the meantime, do your job properly; create the laws that will stop silly teenagers and old former skin heads from abusing people anonymously online. Flush the scum out. And get on with it!

This is no time to shift attention towards a navel gazing discussion about whether taking the knee should stop. I don't expect my being civil to people who work in supermarkets will change anything. It won't lower the cost of my shop. But I'm not going to start a debate about whether the time has come to stop being civil to these people.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
As a piece of satire, this is absolute genius.

It isn't its an opinion piece, if you don't like it say so, anything else, jog on troll.

I stand by the fact that this I feel this country had an opportunity to seriously address racism back in April 1993 when Stephen Lawrence was murdered, an innocent teenager killed in the capital city by a racist gang, not for the first time a government let the nation down, if they had where would we be as a society now? In a far better place perhaps?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Seems to me there's a mighty market for a must-watch Albion show on Latest TV. Wouldn't take much pulling together IMHO. Latest TV, fair play to them, have had a few goes at it, but IMHO again, they're about as WAY out of their depth as Potter is :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Seems to me there's a mighty market for a must-watch Albion show on Latest TV. Wouldn't take much pulling together IMHO. Latest TV, fair play to them, have had a few goes at it, but IMHO again, they're about as WAY out of their depth as Potter is :lolol:

So you think they have lots of potential then ? :wink:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Seems to me there's a mighty market for a must-watch Albion show on Latest TV. Wouldn't take much pulling together IMHO. Latest TV, fair play to them, have had a few goes at it, but IMHO again, they're about as WAY out of their depth as Potter is [emoji38]ol:
Remember when they did full length highlights, repeated at seemingly random times? Great telly

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
It isn't its an opinion piece, if you don't like it say so, anything else, jog on troll.

I stand by the fact that this I feel this country had an opportunity to seriously address racism back in April 1993 when Stephen Lawrence was murdered, an innocent teenager killed in the capital city by a racist gang, not for the first time a government let the nation down, if they had where would we be as a society now? In a far better place perhaps?

Fair enough, what I really thought was it's a poundland version of Talksport, only more hackneyed and flatulent.

But I thought Gull's Eye was ace, so don't take it personally

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
He sounds like the specky one from Brush Strokes.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
First time I’ve watched it, enjoyed the general chat. One thing I do disagree on though is you not wanting Palace to go do. It would give me great pleasure to see them go down,struggle and go down again to League 1.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
:facepalm:

“Nelson Mandela tried his hardest” :lolol:

Can you sell merch with this on it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills