Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League confirms it will televise all games until fans return

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
With bonus Paul Barber quote in the article too.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Ugh! A smack in the teeth for the fans who wanted to pay £14.95 for each match. :tantrum:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Excellent news.

I've become quite accustomed to logging off from WFH, grabbing a tinny and having a game just kicking off, as I've done again tonight. Makes for a nice start to the evening.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Why not televise every game even when fans do return? :shrug:

It wouldn't affect bums on seats at all.

I think it would. A return to watching live games with even less Saturday 3 pm kick offs would be quite tiresome after a while. A lot of fans travel considerable distances and Sunday afternoons and evening games are a pain. Anybody who has ever used the Dartford Tunnel after an AMEX Sunday game will confirm. We gave up going to the Sunday games when we lived in East Anglia.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Trouble is they are still not helping the fans who used to go to games.
It would be better if the premier League let BBC show a few games or itv.
They could broadcast the matches of clubs relevant to the local area via say BBC south for us.
It still feels like they are catering to the TV fans that had sky and bt sport anyway and letting them try to build up a bigger subscription base.
If it wasn't for Warren ,JC and Northstandchat then I wouldn't have a clue what was going on.
But I must admit Warren and jcs commentary is very good.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Sorry, reading back that sounded harsh. Wasn't meant that way.

But as someone who used to attend EVERY game at Withdean and early Amex, wind, rain or shine, but unable to attend so frequently in recent years, I absolutely love us being on the telly all the time.

I think every game should be televised where possible. I'm not the only one. There are Albion fans all around the world that only get to watch our team when we're televised.

I really don't care if the games have to be, God forbid, something other than Saturday 3pm. In fact I rather like it. If regulars can't go at any other time, well, frankly, tough. If anything this is a good thing as it allows all the other fans to take their place who are unable to attend at Saturday 3pm.

I'm not sure your arguments about all games needing to be televised, and fans around the world want to watch our games, stand up very well.

All PL games are televised, and are already available around the world, for a small fraction of what it costs UK viewers. The difference is that for a short while all PL games are being shown live in the UK, at no extra cost (assuming you have a suscription to Sky, BT Sport and Amazon Prime)

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
They could broadcast the matches of clubs relevant to the local area via say BBC south for us.
It still feels like they are catering to the TV fans that had sky and bt sport anyway and letting them try to build up a bigger subscription base.
If it wasn't for Warren ,JC and Northstandchat then I wouldn't have a clue what was going on.

Wish I could get Warren and JC to sync with the TV broadcast, that would be perfect. Pity the club couldn't offer it as a service

A1X

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Can we replay the non-broadcast WBA game then please?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

This!

Currently paying SKy/BT £58 a month to watch the Albion games, with none?/little of that going back to the club.

el punal

It wouldn't affect bums on seats at all.

Yes it would. TV companies would insist on scheduling kick off times for stupid o’clock times on, for example, a Sunday or Monday night. That would prohibit a lot of fans going to the game because of work commitments, travel issues, school night for kids and so on.

If you live locally and have no problem in getting to the ground then whoopy-do. Others, who live some distance away (me!) find it a real pain in the arse but will go - the less enthusiastic won’t.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here