Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ref Drysdale?

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Obviously he can't be doing that but I wouldn't have the patience to deal with the preening, diving, screaming, cheating, swearing, whinging modern footballer. Hope he gets a slap on the wrist and nothing more.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Probably went along the lines of
oi, ref you person, put your head on the right way and keep up with the game! To which he replied
You don't play for villa or palace, stay on your feet or I'll show you what falling over is really like!!
At which point players from both sides decided, it's too late in the game for all this drama, move away mister and get the shaving foam out
I think most refs show a great deal of restraint from the verbals they receive during a game

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Correct to be charged with improper conduct.

However, the FA have to do something about the way players talk to referees, yes they can be s**t at times but everyone is human, everyone has a breaking point and some shorter than others and the constant shit players give referees can’t be easy, particularly in lower league games where it’s probably easier to get away with abusing referees than with all the cameras in the PL.

I’m surprised incidents like this aren’t more common with referees reaching breaking point at the incessant abuse they get.

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Lost it in the moment, looked like an Ipswich player had dived for a pen and was furiously complaining to Drysdale.

I hope his punishment isn’t too severe. Refs deal with abusive and arrogant players, I’m surprised they rarely react.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Why don't they charge the players? i saw sockboy getting in the ref's face and mouthing off aggressively on Saturday.

Indeed. It should be punished, maybe this will make the FA realise that the abuse referees get from players with players running towards them shouting expletives and using threatening body language can’t be allowed to go on, make it an instant booking. I’m amazed with some things that referees let slide when it comes to dissent.

In Sunday league it was brought in a few years ago that any confronting or abusive words towards referees are an instant yellow card (£10 fine) and in some instances sin bins were used, not sure if they still are.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Whatever happened to the idea that only captains can approach a referee. Great idea but seemed to go out of the window before it ever got going. The disrespect and constant moaning at refs by players is totally out of hand

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its a poor reaction from the ref, but in an age when they're getting death threats from "fans", it is perhaps understandable.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Lambert's comments are poor, how about you stop your players cheating mate.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
IMO Sky Sport tried to really stoke this incident up and cause a bit of an uproar for views, which is poor and also ironic as they have been telling everyone how committed they are to combating online bullying none stop recently.

When I finally got round to watching it after Sky had built it up like it Cantona icing the Palace fan 2.0, I was thought 'that's it?' ???

Yes the ref should not had done it, he would probably had given a yellow had a player done it to a fellow player or red had a player done it to him but who knows what was said, as others have said everyone has a breaking point.

Personally I like refs to act human and would prefer them to put mouthy players in their place.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Imagine if Judge had done an El-Abd and gone down rolling around clutching his face. I'd love to have seen how that played out.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If they did the job properly they wouldn’t have death threats or the need to result to improper conduct. Watch German league games the refs hardly put a foot wrong ours are shambolic week after week.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If they did the job properly they wouldn’t have death threats or the need to result to improper conduct. Watch German league games the refs hardly put a foot wrong ours are shambolic week after week.

And here we have the "well she was wearing a short skirt - she was clearly asking for it" argument.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Indeed. It should be punished, maybe this will make the FA realise that the abuse referees get from players with players running towards them shouting expletives and using threatening body language can’t be allowed to go on, make it an instant booking. I’m amazed with some things that referees let slide when it comes to dissent.

In Sunday league it was brought in a few years ago that any confronting or abusive words towards referees are an instant yellow card (£10 fine) and in some instances sin bins were used, not sure if they still are.

I'm fairly sure sockboy wasn't swearing but he was using aggressive and disrespectful language, which should be a yellow for any other player but an automatic red for him because he should always be on a pre-emptive yellow at kickoff for diving.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here