Votes: 34 85.0%
  • No I am odd I dont like them.

Votes: 6 15.0%

• Total voters

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I am getting a lot of stick for not liking pancakes, highlighted of course after the recent celebration. Am I alone here?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
We already had a dumb pancake thread .....

Try a pointless "Should we have a thread" thread / poll ?

Yea I think I remember that but did it have a " I cant stand pancakes " option?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
given pancakes are about the most basic food, flour, bit of egg and milk, its a bit odd to dislike them. like saying you dont like bread or yorkshire pudding.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
given pancakes are about the most basic food, flour, bit of egg and milk, its a bit odd to dislike them. like saying you dont like bread or yorkshire pudding.

I hear what you are saying but my childhood memories are of my dear old mum making pancakes over 50 years ago squirting lemon juice all over and adding sugar.......yuk to me thats like adding those ingredients to either bread or Yorkshire puds both of which I love. So I think I was scarred for life as far as pancakes are concerned.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I hear what you are saying but my childhood memories are of my dear old mum making pancakes over 50 years ago squirting lemon juice all over and adding sugar.......yuk to me thats like adding those ingredients to either bread or Yorkshire puds both of which I love. So I think I was scarred for life as far as pancakes are concerned.

fair point.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
English pancakes - Lemon and sugar - nothing else.

American Pancakes (thicker) - maple syrup

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....

To be fair, Yorkshire’s with lemon and sugar does sound intriguing and worth trying just for the craic. :thumbsup:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Lets be clear here, a "raw" pancake [cooked but with nothing in/on it] is not particularly appealing - bit like a cake with no icing or filling would be meh.

What makes a pancake is what YOU choose to have with it. Put dog $hit in it and I doubt many would enjoy, but looking at the options on the other pancake thread would suggest you just need to find your preferred filling / topping to enjoy a pancake.

Personal choice ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here