Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Holmesdale Fanatics in Statement Shocker

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
We're in deep trouble now that the Hard Men in Black have Issued a Statement, one channelling their inner Churchill. (Oh, Yes! Woof!)

It's almost Trumpian in its pretentious, pumped-up twattery. "Brighton next Monday will expose those who care and those who don't"

Read and quake.

Unfortunately the only thing absorbing that message is the puddle in the bottom left hand corner.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Let's not get our gloating in before the points, eh?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
They’re describing Brighton & Hove Albion - thanks kids :thumbsup:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Posted in the thread The Zaha Factor about this but the Always Ultras sense of self-importance is off the scale. Basically seeing as their club will have no money and they've got loads of older players out of contract soon of course they'll being in a load of youth. It's like me demanding the sun comes up tomorrow morning. Then when Palace do exactly that the Always Ultras will pat themselves on the back and say it is down to them.

Last time they made one of these open "statements" to the players before a match didn't they lose?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Posted in the thread The Zaha Factor about this but the Always Ultras sense of self-importance is off the scale. Basically seeing as their club will have no money and they've got loads of older players out of contract soon of course they'll being in a load of youth. It's like me demanding the sun comes up tomorrow morning. Then when Palace do exactly that the Always Ultras will pat themselves on the back and say it is down to them.

Last time they made one of these open "statements" to the players before a match didn't they lose?

The thing is (and this is where I have a tiny, tiny twinge of sympathy) they are run in a manner that basically leaves future progression firmly at the door. They've been in the Prem for years now and have they invested seriously in infrastructure? No. Have the focused on developing youth in a manner that they have in previous years? No. When they have developed youth players, have they got in the first team? No.

They instead chose to spend big on 30-something "names" like Benteke, Townsend, Ayew, who aren't bad, but aren't going to sustain you for 3-5 years or earn you any profit. Most transfer windows I look at other clubs and there's players they sign that I think "Ooh, I'd like them at Brighton". Berge at Sheffield United, Reed at Fulham, Wilson at Newcastle are some examples. In recent years, literally only Eberechi Eze has jumped out as one I'd want here.

For all those years they've been in the Prem, what will anyone remember about them when they go down? They stayed up with minimal fuss and fanfare, had one of the best players in the other 14 in Zaha and systematically failed to build a team around him to challenge further up the league, and the one time they tried to change their on field identity they bottled it after 7 games and hired EXACTLY the type of manager they'd been trying to move away from, so 3 years later they're still treading water. Their managerial history in the last 15 years is SO depressing:

Dowie, Taylor, Warnock, Hart, Burley, Freedman, Holloway, Pulis, Warnock, Pardew, Allardyce, de Boer and Hodgson. It's only Mark Hughes away from being the complete set of tired old faeces, sorry faces.

Thank the LORD for Tony Bloom.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
F7201D59-FB7E-4F84-8B42-3D6CA7BF4819.jpeg

BFD71F62-BF53-492F-B1DB-5D25EABC5E53.jpeg

D589275B-B1E2-4DA2-AD3F-DCA51729FCFA.jpeg

05D04A2A-C5F3-4D79-AB49-2FC2BDCAA069.jpeg

I entirely agree, but hasn’t Wanda already restored the Vision? ???

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
For all those years they've been in the Prem, what will anyone remember about them when they go down? They stayed up with minimal fuss and fanfare, had one of the best players in the other 14 in Zaha and systematically failed to build a team around him to challenge further up the league, and the one time they tried to change their on field identity they bottled it after 7 games and hired EXACTLY the type of manager they'd been trying to move away from, so 3 years later they're still treading water.

That's where they made their mistake. De Boer had the right idea and may well have succeeded but he didn't get the chance. That's what you get with a trigger-happy board.

It's why Potter has been so good and why I say stick with him even if he takes us down: it's incredibly difficult to completely transform a playing style and a team culture, there are going to be bumps along the way. I don't know whether De Boer would have done it or not but by sacking so early on, Palace have made a rod for their own backs.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
The schools really need to be open, don't they!
However, having said that, there is a small amount of sympathy for the supporters and they are mostly supporters. To see your club heading for the retirement home must be deeply frustrating. Priorities have got to change there, or we'll have no one to dislike

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here