Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Celtic and Lennon

SAC

May 21, 2014
Celtic are starting to put a run together, although it does seem to be too late to win the title. I think their board will give him another season to see how he does, in particular if Gerrard takes a PL job.

Not keen on Celtic or Lennon so happy to see them fail although it would have been nice if a third team had managed to break the duopoly up there.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
This is part of the problem with putting a club legend in the hotseat, at some point a difficult decision needs to be made and it will cause a lot of headaches and heartaches

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Celtic are starting to put a run together, although it does seem to be too late to win the title. I think their board will give him another season to see how he does, in particular if Gerrard takes a PL job.

Not keen on Celtic or Lennon so happy to see them fail although it would have been nice if a third team had managed to break the duopoly up there.

If they give him another season there's going to be riots in Glasgow. The fans hate Lennon & the board. Not "dislike", "question" or "criticise" - hate, pure hatred.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
You couldn't get a more disastrous season for Celtic.
He has blown the historic 10 in a row season, close to needing snookers to close the gap on Rangers and out of both European competitions before Christmas.
You can understand him not stepping down though, as where would his next job be. He has some cheek in saying everything is fine though.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
:shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
You couldn't get a more disastrous season for Celtic.
He has blown the historic 10 in a row season, close to needing snookers to close the gap on Rangers and out of both European competitions before Christmas.
You can understand him not stepping down though, as where would his next job be. He has some cheek in saying everything is fine though.

TNS in The Cymru League and they both have a similar kit. :dunce:

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
This is part of the problem with putting a club legend in the hotseat, at some point a difficult decision needs to be made and it will cause a lot of headaches and heartaches

I agree. That's why Jurgen Locadia should never be our manager.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Ooh it’s a corner;9743336 said:
I didn’t think there’d be puns on this thread but suppose I Should Have Known Better

cut him some slack, he only ‘punned’ for the benefit of Mr Kite, he wasn’t after starting a revolution

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If they give him another season there's going to be riots in Glasgow. The fans hate Lennon & the board. Not "dislike", "question" or "criticise" - hate, pure hatred.

Really? Why? He won the double last season and the one before. He won 5 titles in his first spell as manager. He won at least 4 titles as a player. He's a complete legend at Celtic. Not even if he renounced Catholicism and declared himself a devotee of the Reverand Iain Paisley and that his favourite song is The Bouncy would he earn hatred (the Rangers fans would assume he'd got Covid or had a stroke) :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Really? Why? He won the double last season and the one before. He won 5 titles in his first spell as manager. He won at least 4 titles as a player. He's a complete legend at Celtic. Not even if he renounced Catholicism and declared himself a devotee of the Reverand Iain Paisley and that his favourite song is The Bouncy would he earn hatred (the Rangers fans would assume he'd got Covid or had a stroke) :shrug:

He is not a legend anymore, he ruined it. Read any Celtic board and you'll find nothing but rage against him.

Reasons: 1) results (worse than their "all time worst", Tony Mowbray), 2) apparent incompetence (unfit players, tactically deaf) but perhaps most of all 3) he is a **** and completely oblivious about the situation. The Dubai trip really took it over the line, before that people were saying "Neil you are a Celtic man and we love you but please resign". Since then its just "I hate this ****ing ****".

Perhaps most notorious moment came a month ago. They had gone to Dubai to party and shiet and people thought it was bad, and when they came back with multiple covid sick players "bad" was not enough to describe how the Celtic fans felt about it and the absurd press conference only fuelled their anger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGrnH01a0hg

He's also said things like "the fans are wrong to comment on how the club is run", "there's not justification for me to get sacked, none whatsoever" and a boatload of other shit after every single game. I've been following it all for a while as its fascinating to see this interaction between Lennon, the club and the fans. He is also constantly throwing players under the bus while expressing pretty much zero self-criticism.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Celtic fans after our boy GP

[tweet]1357095482598846464[/tweet]

I love the way they know how much G-Pott earns. When it comes to making stuff up, some people are Olympic Gold :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here