Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Return of Fans

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Let’s have some positivity...

Cases and deaths falling rapidly - below what it was when we had fans in Dec...

So when do we think we’ll be allowed back in? Likely to be 2k? 4K?

Is there any official word or hints from anywhere or anyone?

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
At best, maybe 2k for the last couple of games as we drop back into Tier 2
Full house, or close to it, start of next season though.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think we may return in a months time but with 2k to start. Maybe Newcastle or Everton start of April...

I don’t bother with much of the news as it’s too depressing but assume the gov haven’t mentioned events starting again yet...?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Whilst we're at it let's just change the season time to have more summer and less winter!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

Times report today:

The FA Cup and Carabao Cup finals are being lined up as test events for the return of supporters before major sporting events this summer.

It is understood that the government is keen to explore ways of having socially distanced spectators for the big events, starting with the European Championship tournament and including Wimbledon tennis, the British Grand Prix, the Open and possibly some top race meetings and England cricket matches.

The confidence over spectators returning follows the successful launch of the vaccination programme in which 15 million people have received their first jabs against Covid-19.

Wembley is staging seven Euro 2020 matches and will need at least two test events if there are to be any fans there for the games, and the FA*is planning on the basis of the stadium being 30-35 per cent full during the tournament but without supporters travelling from abroad.

The cup finals are being viewed as good opportunities for pilot events at the 90,000-seat stadium but with a smaller number of fans attending.

Once the government’s roadmap out of lockdown is published next week the Sports Technology and Innovations Group (Stig), which was set up in September, is expected to be asked to look at the best ways of getting spectators into venues, after the end of the domestic football season.

The group will be asked to come up with plans for minimal or no queueing. Spectators, potentially, will be requested to use the almost-instant lateral flow tests and wait for a negative result before entering stadiums.

Although the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) remains cautious. there is a strong desire at No 10 for major summer sporting events to be prioritised for the return of fans, at least in some numbers.

The Carabao Cup final is taking place on April 25 and it has already been pencilled in as the first test event for the new Wembley steps that have replaced the raised pedestrian walkway. The FA Cup final is scheduled to take place three weekends later, on May 15. There are other possibilities for test events, including the EFL’s play-off finals.

A source involved in the talks said that the idea was to identify events that will be targets for the return of spectators and then work backwards. “There are things to work on, such as avoiding any queues, sending tickets out in advance and lateral flow testing and, of course, finding out the numbers that can attend, but there is confidence it can be achieved,” the source said.

Another source indicated that the return of fans for Premier League and EFL matches had been all but ruled out for the rest of the season, although there could be a few games used as pilot events. The priority, according to the source, is to have Wembley prepared for Euro 2020.

The source added that the use of Covid vaccination passports was less likely as it could prove controversial, by appearing to discriminate against those that lacked them.

A British Horseracing Authority statement read: “British racing continues to liaise with government regarding how we believe the return of spectators can be managed safely, as it was at events in December.

“Their return is dependent on the attendance of spectators at sporting events being permitted under the UK government roadmap for reopening. Any racecourse proposals as to how they will manage the admission of spectators would need to be in line with DCMS criteria.”

Personally I think it's ludicrous that we can't have at least 2500 back at the Amex before the end of the season and we've had plenty of test events all season so we all know how to do it.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Seen nothing ...but surely has to be discussed soon...although as much as I want to be back (I saw both league games that fans were allowed at )..I’m glad the spotlight is on education and businesses that havnt been allowed to function at all

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
If it happens this season it will be more about building confidence in the effects of the vaccination programme rather than football and will be one of many similar activities e.g. rugby, cricket and festivals etc.

It will be small numbers 2k.

I don't see things getting back to normal i.e. 30k at the ground for a very very long time - years- especially if the all the games are offered on TV.

Personally I have not made up my mind because the things I love about going to games are having a few pints, being sociable and getting absorbed in the emotion generated and I can't see that happening for a while. On a more practical level the toilets will need to be greatly increased as standing 5 deep in an enclosed space has to be a thing of the past.

Not positive enough I know and hope to be proved wrong.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Times report today:

The FA Cup and Carabao Cup finals are being lined up as test events for the return of supporters before major sporting events this summer.

It is understood that the government is keen to explore ways of having socially distanced spectators for the big events, starting with the European Championship tournament and including Wimbledon tennis, the British Grand Prix, the Open and possibly some top race meetings and England cricket matches.

The confidence over spectators returning follows the successful launch of the vaccination programme in which 15 million people have received their first jabs against Covid-19.

Wembley is staging seven Euro 2020 matches and will need at least two test events if there are to be any fans there for the games, and the FA*is planning on the basis of the stadium being 30-35 per cent full during the tournament but without supporters travelling from abroad.

The cup finals are being viewed as good opportunities for pilot events at the 90,000-seat stadium but with a smaller number of fans attending.

Once the government’s roadmap out of lockdown is published next week the Sports Technology and Innovations Group (Stig), which was set up in September, is expected to be asked to look at the best ways of getting spectators into venues, after the end of the domestic football season.

The group will be asked to come up with plans for minimal or no queueing. Spectators, potentially, will be requested to use the almost-instant lateral flow tests and wait for a negative result before entering stadiums.

Although the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) remains cautious. there is a strong desire at No 10 for major summer sporting events to be prioritised for the return of fans, at least in some numbers.

The Carabao Cup final is taking place on April 25 and it has already been pencilled in as the first test event for the new Wembley steps that have replaced the raised pedestrian walkway. The FA Cup final is scheduled to take place three weekends later, on May 15. There are other possibilities for test events, including the EFL’s play-off finals.

A source involved in the talks said that the idea was to identify events that will be targets for the return of spectators and then work backwards. “There are things to work on, such as avoiding any queues, sending tickets out in advance and lateral flow testing and, of course, finding out the numbers that can attend, but there is confidence it can be achieved,” the source said.

Another source indicated that the return of fans for Premier League and EFL matches had been all but ruled out for the rest of the season, although there could be a few games used as pilot events. The priority, according to the source, is to have Wembley prepared for Euro 2020.

The source added that the use of Covid vaccination passports was less likely as it could prove controversial, by appearing to discriminate against those that lacked them.

A British Horseracing Authority statement read: “British racing continues to liaise with government regarding how we believe the return of spectators can be managed safely, as it was at events in December.

“Their return is dependent on the attendance of spectators at sporting events being permitted under the UK government roadmap for reopening. Any racecourse proposals as to how they will manage the admission of spectators would need to be in line with DCMS criteria.”

Personally I think it's ludicrous that we can't have at least 2500 back at the Amex before the end of the season and we've had plenty of test events all season so we all know how to do it.

Interesting - and thank you. I guess they’re talking major/larger crowds there with Wembley than 2k at the Amex. But I suppose it is still a sit and wait re the tiers system thing. Or am I pie in the sky hoping...!?

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Times report today:

As Aldershot sit pretty in the Fa Trophy QF with a home game against Hereford who have voted to end their season and probably sending us to a one legged Semi Final and one game away from Wembley . I'm hoping that could be a test event . The Shots never have played at Wembley and if they got there ,not being able to witness it after following them through more bad than good would be heartbreaking . Safety first of course.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Funny thing is, I don't care. Not because I wouldn't love to get back to The Amex, but I just can't be arsed to think about it till it actually happens. It all seems so pointless.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Well if they’re basing part of the plans on lateral flow tests as that report suggests, hardly reassuring. Far too inaccurate to be considered proof someone is COVID-free.

Invicta

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Think the league season will end before we can get back. Reduced crowds in the summer for euro games would make sense. Main announcement next Monday, so may get a outline of the plan then.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
More nonsense from the joke of an administration ‘running’ this country.
Lateral flow test in the queue, so after said person has traveled to the ground. Genius.
Just let fans in when it’s safe to do so, not before and not just because Euro ****ing 2020 is happening.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here