Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] ISIHAC writer Iain Pattinson RIP

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Whether it's the intros, or the Lionel Blair references, or the dead pan delivery of the genius Humphrey Lyttelton, none would have been possible without the writer, who died today aged just 68.

Your Favourite ISIHAC moments?

Mine:
"I saw a pack of sausages in the supermarket the other with a picture of Anthony Worrell Thompson on the side.
Underneath it said Prick With fork"

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Years and years ago - I was young and you can tell how old it is from who said it - but still makes me laugh today thinking of it.

"Complete the famous proverb with a new ending - it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle......"

Willie Rushton - "....if it is liquidised first"

RIP :(

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
Una Stubbs looked on in amazement as mime master general Lionel Blair managed to pull off twelve angry men in less than a minute.......paraphrased
RIP

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
Points mean prizes...........

This week's prize will ideally suit the dog loving handyman - it's this set of adjustable spaniels.

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
Points mean prizes..............

This week's prize is just the thing for the homeowner who doesn't like to be kept awake by the furniture - it's this decaffeinated coffee table.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
"The next game is Sound Charades. This is based on the erstwhile television favourite Give Us A Clue, where teams of players used to delight their audience by miming the titles of songs, films or plays against a strict time limit. The most highly skilled of all was Lionel Blair, but how the tears of frustration welled up in his eyes during their Italian tour, at not being allowed the use of his mouth to finish off Two Gentlemen Of Verona"

I believe he also wrote the introductions making jokes about wherever the show was recorded that week:

"Hello, & welcome to I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue. You join us this week amid the South Coast splendour of Brighton, a city boasting a rich culture and history.
A settlement is recorded here as long ago as 3000 B.C., when Celtic Druids practiced their ancient worship of oats, mistletoe and virgin maidens, and indeed, oats and mistletoe are still plentiful in Brighton"

There was a collection of them published in print a few years ago under the title "Lyttelton's Britain" - always good for a laugh.

RIP Iain.

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Samantha is off on a dinner date with a gentleman friend from Moscow who's brought over a variety of caviars and an array of vodka-based aperitifs. She says he's going to offer her delicious food in his hotel room and then liqour out on the balcony.

Jul 7, 2003
One of the great ones was around Nottingham.

It's well documented in official records that the City's original name was 'Snottingham', or 'Home of Snots', but when the Normans came, they couldn't pronounce the letter 'S', so decreed the town be called 'Nottingham' or the 'Home of Notts'.

It's easy to understand why this change was resisted so fiercely by the people of Scunthorpe.

RIP Iain - your writing will be very much missed but you have left one heck of a legacy

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Record researcher Samantha has made one of her customary visits to the gramophone library, where she runs errands for the kindly old archivists, such as nipping out to fetch their sandwiches. Their favourite treat is cheese with homemade chutney, but they never object when she palms them off with relish

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
Points mean prizes..............

This week's prize comes from the Findus dermatology convenience range - it's this Boil-in-the-Bag.

"The next game is Sound Charades. This is based on the erstwhile television favourite Give Us A Clue, where teams of players used to delight their audience by miming the titles of songs, films or plays against a strict time limit. The most highly skilled of all was Lionel Blair, but how the tears of frustration welled up in his eyes during their Italian tour, at not being allowed the use of his mouth to finish off Two Gentlemen Of Verona"

I believe he also wrote the introductions making jokes about wherever the show was recorded that week:

"Hello, & welcome to I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue. You join us this week amid the South Coast splendour of Brighton, a city boasting a rich culture and history.
A settlement is recorded here as long ago as 3000 B.C., when Celtic Druids practiced their ancient worship of oats, mistletoe and virgin maidens, and indeed, oats and mistletoe are still plentiful in Brighton"

There was a collection of them published in print a few years ago under the title "Lyttelton's Britain" - always good for a laugh.

RIP Iain.

Thanks for the headsup, I just bought this

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
RIP. ISIHAC has provided so many wonderful moments over the years. There are some excellent compilations available on Audible. Hours and hours of shows.

A1X

Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
"And who can forget Una Stubbs sitting open-mouthed as Lionel bent over the desk to receive Free Willy from Michael Aspel. For two whole minutes!"

A1X

Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
"Samantha's just popping out now to meet her new Italian friend for an ice cream. She says she can't wait to lick the nuts off a large Neapolitan."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here