Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Another evening game

Del of Albion

Jul 15, 2009
East Sussex
It seems we have had more than our fair share of evening games this season. I for one just want more lunch time or 3pm kick offs so I can get a proper nights sleep.

When I go to bed after our evening games just cannot get to sleep as I just re live the games. Is this just me?

I also believe we have not yet won a Monday evening game. Does anyone know if this is true bearing in mind next Monday's massive game?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
On behalf of all expat Albion fans, yes. Midnight kick-offs are a pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It seems we have had more than our fair share of evening games this season. I for one just want more lunch time or 3pm kick offs so I can get a proper nights sleep.

When I go to bed after our evening games just cannot get to sleep as I just re live the games. Is this just me?

I also believe we have not yet won a Monday evening game. Does anyone know if this is true bearing in mind next Monday's massive game?

Definitely a lot of evening games. In my previous, more hedonistic life I used to wake up just in time for the 3pm (4pm here) game. Was perfect, the annoying thing with long match days is all the waiting and all the excitement.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I agree. It's a bit of a pain for me at the moment as my 4 and 6 year old's love watching the games, and I love watching with them to be honest, but at that time it's just too late. As it was a Saturday night, we let them stay up and watch the Villa game as one off, totally regretted it yesterday though when they were so tired we had various tantrums through the day, won't be doing that again!

Like you it also takes me a while to zone out after our games so I don't end up sleeping till late and I also have a habit of drinking too quickly during the games which doesn't help!

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I agree. It's a bit of a pain for me at the moment as my 4 and 6 year old's love watching the games, and I love watching with them to be honest, but at that time it's just too late. As it was a Saturday night, we let them stay up and watch the Villa game as one off, totally regretted it yesterday though when they were so tired we had various tantrums through the day, won't be doing that again!

Like you it also takes me a while to zone out after our games so I don't end up sleeping till late and I also have a habit of drinking too quickly during the games which doesn't help!

These crazy kick off times are going to persist even when we're allowed back to the grounds I think. It's going to be even worse when you have to travel back from somewhere

A1X

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

It's your own fault for leaving Sussex

#Splitters

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Same for me. If we beat Palace I'll be up till 1am reading reports, watching highlights and arguing about player ratings on here. If we lose, it'll be the same but without watching the highlights.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Think it' was Wednesday that we've never won a game not Monday , saying that I'm struggling to recall a Monday night victory so it could be both !

At least the Monday night curse will soon be over if we haven't won before .

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Think it' was Wednesday that we've never won a game not Monday , saying that I'm struggling to recall a Monday night victory so it could be both !

Didn’t we just have one of our greatest ever wins on a Weds?!

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends where you are. I can tell you that when I was living in New Zealand, waiting until 4:30am to watch us finally score against Huddersfield and take a hugely painful step towards safety was testing! Midnight kick-off sounds heavenly in hindsight.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
These crazy kick off times are going to persist even when we're allowed back to the grounds I think. It's going to be even worse when you have to travel back from somewhere

I would suggest only through these Covid times? I'm pretty certain KO times will revert back post Covid. Fan groups would demand it, and rightly so.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

We last won on a Monday against Palace in the Cup in Jan 2018,

We last won a league match on a Monday in December 2014, it was 2-0 at Fulham.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Definitely a lot of evening games. In my previous, more hedonistic life I used to wake up just in time for the 3pm (4pm here) game. Was perfect, the annoying thing with long match days is all the waiting and all the excitement.

But surely evening games are perfect for a pizza delivery?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Afternoon games are just fine, whereas evening games involve a bit of negotiation with the better half over the telly / time of dinner, etc, etc. And I've not seen my neighbour for a while to chat to - and he said on Sunday 'big win for you the other night against Liverpool then'. And added that his wife had asked if he thought something had happened in our house and they needed to come round to see if we were okay. He said he'd just look on the internet first, and told her that 'it's okay, it looks as though Brighton have just scored against Liverpool'. None of that would have been noticed in the afternoon!

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Totally agree. My sleep has been crap after games despite me not getting nearly as worked up about football in the Covid times. In quite a few cases i think i sleep better having got home from a game at The Amex rather than watching on tv. Weird

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
We do seem to be getting a lot of evening games compared to other teams, I thought it was just me. The Palace game is really annoying, under normal circumstances it would be a lunchtime or evening KO, fair enough, but there are no fans so could easily have been a 3pm or 5.30pm. My kids will be gutted for this one, I’m not having them up til 10pm on a ‘school’ night though.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I too am sick of all the evening kick offs, at as late as 8pm at that. It must be the tv companies. If BT ot Sky would not normally have chosen our match but have to becuese of lockdown, I suppose they bung it on at the least viewed time and keep the good slots for the mighty Man U etc....:rant:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here