Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Stadium Bucketlist

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Does anyone else have a list of stadiums they want to visit? If so I'm really interested where people have been and what grounds they'd like to go to.

I've done the majority of the ones in England now but the only real elite stadium outside of the UK I've been to is the Nou Camp.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I would like to go to any football stadium at the moment.

Just the Amex will do me fine.

The Marseille Velodrome and the Braga one in the mountain will have to wait for another year

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Hands up who else thought the thread title was an announcement of a ground sponsor for Palace.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
3d90f2-20160919-vikings-packers04.jpg

Hands down the best and most spectacular stadium I have ever visited.

As for my bucketlist...The Santiago Bernabeu, San Siro and Arizona Cardinals Glendale stadium.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’m still trying to complete the 92 English league grounds and have 8 to go:
Brentford
Spurs
Accrington Stanley
Shrewsbury
Newport
Barrow
Fleetwood
Salford to go.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I love the old grounds in the north like Macclesfield and Rochdale and all the ones that no longer exist like the original Rotherham Utd, Hull City, Bolton and York City grounds. Used to love going to those places following Brighton, pre sat nav days and just looking for fooodlight pylons as I arrived in town and hoping I didn’t end up at a railway yard by mistake.

Not so fussed about the newer grounds as they all seem a bit identikit but I’d love to visit the new Spurs ground.

el punal

I’m not over bothered about continental stadiums - I’ve seen Camp Nou and Bernabeu and a few others. In England it’s Carrow Road - five attempts to get there and for one reason or another it’s not been possible. The last arranged trip I had train and match ticket only to be blown out by Covid lockdown.

I’d love to go to some Scottish grounds - Ibrox, because I’ve always liked the look of it, Tynecastle Park as Hearts are my favourite Scottish team and Brechin City as it has a hedge going the whole of one side of the pitch!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
‘king hell! I wish my greenhouse looked like that. :mad:

The only drawback is it constantly surrounded by dead or injured birds, as they keep smacking into the side of it. Has the Minnesota environmentalists up in arms, so it does.

(Yes, there is an increased risk of stadium/bat collision)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just the Amex for me. Tho am a bit of sucker for at least walking past other clubs grounds when I'm on me holidays (remember THOSE?). Collecting a big book of domestic football grounds always struck as a bit like collecting a big book of train numbers. Might be wrong. Tho probably not eh? :shrug:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
No football stadiums, but The MCG on Boxing Day for the Ashes is absolute top of my bucket list.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Been to quite a few over the years mostly watching England/Albion

Amsterdam
Eindhoven
Rotterdam
Munich
Cologne
Stuttgart
Berlin
Frankfurt
Paris
Marseille
Naples
Rome
Turin
Milan
Barcelona
Madrid
Porto
Guimares
Gdnask
Le Harve
Albuferia and surrounding grounds
Faro
Dublin
Belfast
Longford
Glasgow
St Etienne
Gothenburg

Makes me realize how much money I've spent over the years watching football. Still better than wasting it...

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Mine is a bit more boring than most responses here. Having moved from the Midlands to the South/West Yorkshire border, I have seen us play at pretty much all the West Midlands stadia, but have not seen us away in Yorkshire much.

Therefore my bucket list is Oakwell, Hillsborough, THE Elland Road, The New York Stadium, Keepmoat stadium. Bramall Lane is the only local stadium that I have visited.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Been to about 30 stadiums in Europe, mainly in Germany and Holland, as well as pretty much every significant stadium in Sweden. Lots of Swedish teams built new arenas over the last ten years and I'm generally not a fan of any of them - they are all quite anonymous and the new national arena is just poor. Fans make up for it though, games in Stockholm and Malmö and sometimes Gothenburg are incredibly loud by European standards and from the 30+ ones I've been to elsewhere, only really De Kuip (Feyenoord) competes in that regard. And De Kuip is also quite nice in other ways, so its probably my favorite, you get very close to the pitch and the acoustics are great.

Another favorite is the one in my home city (Lund). Klostergårdens IP... team is shit, there's never more than 300 in the crowd, but I love how it is surrounded with wall of green.

pano1.jpg

10.jpg

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Sao Paulo, Napoli
Signal Iduna Park, Dortmund
Millentor, St Pauli
Mercedes Benz, Atlanta
Madras Cricket Club, Chennai
Arena de Gremio, Gremio-Porto Alegre

Definitely a bit of ground hopper nerd, went to a couple of different stadium in Brittany just before lockdown, sad really but I DON'T CARE :lolol:

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
Two elusive ones for me in the UK - Sheffield Utd & Swansea; have always seemed to fall on awkward weekends / mid-weeks in the previous years. If we are back in stadiums for next year, fingers crossed at least one of them can be ticked off (now I have said this it is bound to be a mid-week in January etc).

Ticked off a fair few of the major European stadiums, Barca, Real, Atletico, Bayern, Hertha / Union Berlin and more; would like to go to some more off-radar places; one of the big Istanbul clubs or top Russian / Polish clubs would be interesting..

Wider than Europe would love to get to Argentina and spend a fortnight selfishly indulging in some games in Buenos Aires (San Lorenzo ideally) followed by a trip to Patagonia..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here