Votes: 27 14.1%
  • Under 60

Votes: 56 29.2%

• Total voters

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Had my jab, it’s great, I’ve been able to turn of the WiFi a home, and I’m now getting 5G on my Nokia 3310.

I’m buzzing, literally!

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Didn't you have to sit down for 15 minutes, before leaving the building?

I also was in and out within about 3 minutes, I didn't even sit down. This was at Bognor Health Centre where I was told they are doing a thousand a day when it's the Astra Zeneca jab.
I believe it's only the Pfizer jab that requires you to sit down afterwards for 15 mins.

It's all extremely efficient and I know of several friends in their fifties that had the jab in the last week at Bognor.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I also was in and out within about 3 minutes, I didn't even sit down. This was at Bognor Health Centre where I was told they are doing a thousand a day when it's the Astra Zeneca jab.
I believe it's only the Pfizer jab that requires you to sit down afterwards for 15 mins.

It's all extremely efficient and I know of several friends in their fifties that had the jab in the last week at Bognor.

The Pfizer jab requires you to sit down because in the trial there was a couple of cases of the jab-ee having a bad reaction and needing treatment straight away. Better safe than sorry. As this didn't happen in the AZ trial no sitting down period is needed.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
That's exactly what the old man had having had the AZ jab. Had a bad headache and just felt generally a bit meh.

Over 65 with no underlying problems. Had the AZ jab on Thursday and no major issues. Felt a bit yuk for a while but nothing to write home about.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I had the Pfizer jab which explains the difference. I was also questioned as to whether I’d ever had anaphylactic shock.

Hazwaz

Jul 23, 2012
Hove
Had the AZ vaccine last month 53 years old (contractor mainly based at RSCH) .Felt a bit flu like that night and a slight hang over in the morning but fine since.Felt so much better going back to my family knowing i have some protection but i have also kept other procedures in place ie mask ,washing hands etc.The NHS is doing a fantastic job ,they will get us through this .And let’s smash Palace :albion2:

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Had the AZ just over 3 weeks ago. I felt a bit tired a couple of days later but I am on so many drugs that can also have that effect. Very organised facility at the local masonic hall in Cheshunt. I was hoping to see lots of ancient symbols but most of it looked like the hotel that Alan Partridge lived in.

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Had mine a while back got the 2nd one in a few weeks , 53 ............frontline worker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Had the Pfizer yesterday at St Helens RL ground. Really well organised and just a good vibe about the whole thing. I guess it's because even though everyone who is working there must be a bit pooped they know how much of a benefit it is and everyone going in to be 'done' is so supportive. There have been some major feck ups with the UKs response to this pandemic but to be fair, the vaccination programme doesn't seem to be one of them.

24 hours later, no real side effects except my blood sugars a bit higher today than I'd like (type 2 diabetic, me).

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
My daughter is a frontline worker - got two doses of the Pfizer jab and had a sore arm for a couple of days after both.

Looking forward to getting mine - but I live Ireland and my estimated time for the vaccine is February 2022 (and I'm in the high risk category).

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I know you've been dying to vote, but keep the faith

It is seriously good to see so many posts from regular NSCers. I'm now awaiting yours, and I'm confident it'll come soon :thumbsup:

Yay, age 66 and me and Mrs Earle jabbed on Friday. As our local surgery had supply issues and ours were twice cancelled, Mrs Earle got ratty about it and phoned 119. A Newcastle fan booked us in at Crawley Hospital and it all went like clockwork with Oxford jabs. He told us to take a flask and biscuit to have in the car while we waited 15m afterwards - just like an old days half time out the Albion! Plus a half hour drive out the area for a treat. Mine hurt, but Mrs Earle's didn't. But Saturday, she felt sh1t and I didn't. Today we're both fine. Our local surgery also texted us to say they had vaccinations available again, so we freed them up for others as well. Watching the Aussie Open today was an eye opener with mixed quality mask wearing and anti vaxer fans booing the speeches and Victoria government at the end of the Men's Final. I gather they are way behind in Australia and don't start jabs till tomorrow in the face of some concerted opposition. Interested to hear what OzMike and other Oz based fans think of the anti vaxers.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Have 46 people here under sixty with no health issues really had the jab or are people just hitting the vote button without reading the question?

I’m assuming the latter for the most part.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I've just had my first jab of the AZ vaccine having only discovered last week I'm actually in priority group 6 as a 42 year old. A seriously impressive, efficient service by The NHS from the phone call inviting me up to Etchingham village hall to have it, to the operation they've got going there delivering it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Have 46 people here under sixty with no health issues really had the jab or are people just hitting the vote button without reading the question?

I’m assuming the latter for the most part.

We have quite a few NHS and care workers on Nsc.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I had my first Pfizer vaccine last week just waiting for Mrs Blue3 to get hers and holibobs will be on the horizon once the Goverment sorts out vaccine passports, I don't know why they didn't put something into the vaccine thats readable a chip or somthing, wish we had gone ahead with the ID card idea they could have just been updated, but no civil liberties got in the way so instead we will end up with some half baked scheme

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here