• Under 60 Underlying issues

Votes: 27 14.1%
  • Under 60

Votes: 56 29.2%

• Total voters

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I don't want a chip or a tattoo. I'm not a farm animal and I'm not the property of this or any other government.

My nurse said a chip was included in the vaccine, she was of course joking....................................

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Have 46 people here under sixty with no health issues really had the jab or are people just hitting the vote button without reading the question?

I’m assuming the latter for the most part.

I'm 52 had mine but a carer for my wife.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well if anybody really wants to know if you've been vaccinated you should be able to present that to them. I don't see any need for anything more complicated or involved.

This is all entirely academic for me anyway. As a 28 year old with no particular health concerns I don't expect to be vaccinated until most restrictions have been lifted anyway :lolol:

It doesn’t have your name or identifying number on it, just the date and batch of the type of vaccine, easily lost or even copied.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
It doesn’t have your name or identifying number on it, just the date and batch of the type of vaccine, easily lost or even copied.

I don't quite understand why they don't put your name on it, they surely keep a list of who it's been administered to. If there was any intention of introducing a vaccine certificate that would have been the easy way of doing it.

The main issue is probably that it becomes increasing hard to avoid people breaking restrictions once you allow vaccinated people out. If we were to get to the stage where 80% of the target has been achieved and most people are being allowed into shops or whatever, then it would become quite difficult for the remaining minority to resist the temptation to mix with other people.

My main personal regret will be not being allowed into Trent Bridge or Headingly if they make entry into the early county championship matches dependent on having a vaccine, which I have heard mooted. After over a year of all this though I don't mind waiting a few more months.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
52 and booked for Tuesday, no issues and not a key worker (though I do the odd bit of supply Teaching). They are flying through the population of Waltham Forest.

Recidivist

Apr 28, 2019
Worthing
No. :mad:

This was in response to someone saying they wished there were microchips in the dose to use as a Covid passport.

Personally I really enjoy my direct line to Bill Gates after my vaccination. We have a good chat every night....!

Are you seriously against a vaccine certificate/passport? If so, why? You can look forward to UK holidays only for some while without one, I expect.

Are you equally against yellow fever certification too, as required by several African countries?

Can understand vaccine hesitancy but not this....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Personally I really enjoy my direct line to Bill Gates after my vaccination. We have a good chat every night....!

Are you seriously against a vaccine certificate/passport? If so, why? You can look forward to UK holidays only for some while without one, I expect.

Are you equally against yellow fever certification too, as required by several African countries?

Can understand vaccine hesitancy but not this....

I’m talking about “passports” to get onto buses, into pubs etc.

Recidivist

Apr 28, 2019
Worthing
Ok. Wasn’t clear from your posts.

Think it pretty unlikely that will happen.

Government won’t mandate it and the logistics for transport, pubs, restaurants, cinemas etc. make it pretty impractical.

Once we’ve got something close to herd immunity through vaccinations (summer?) don’t think anyone in the UK is likely to insist on it though I can’t see why it’s much different from carrying a card or other proof to get into pubs if you look under 18?

By the same token, if you’re prepared to do it to travel abroad, why do you have a problem presenting a bit of paper to pubs/restaurants?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Did I read somewhere on here that Brighton centre are asking people to ring them to get first jabs?

My brother in law is a carer for his wife who has Parkinson’s and hasn’t been offered one

They haven’t been out the house for 8 months now

He is 62

RustyKent

Jun 2, 2014
Herne Bay
Book online, it appears that anyone over 60 can book now. I booked yesterday and have got 1st jab next week and 2nd on 19th May.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I have had both, Pfizer, my 2nd was delivered by 7th Jan after my 1st in December.

I am only 58, but it came as I am a covid volunteer, and as vaccinations cannot be returned to storage in the case of no shows, us volunteers were given the jab from the unused stock to save wastage.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

golddene

Jul 28, 2012

We all have, or should have ! Our own unique National insurance number which I and my wife when we had our vaccines had to give to the practitioner before we were vaccinated to identify ourselves along with other identity information, which the practitioner confirmed doing an online check. This I imagine will be used if the authorities do decide to go down the 'Covid passport route' which I honestly cannot see the problem with but then I have never been anti establishment or worried about personal data being compromised, society is us all and the safety of us all and society go hand in glove and if vaccination makes us personally safer and larger society by definition safer then what is the real problem ?

This response in no way is directed at the person who I quoted to make my point it's just that their post was the best one to use to enter the discussion.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We all have, or should have ! Our own unique National insurance number which I and my wife when we had our vaccines had to give to the practitioner before we were vaccinated to identify ourselves along with other identity information, which the practitioner confirmed doing an online check. This I imagine will be used if the authorities do decide to go down the 'Covid passport route' which I honestly cannot see the problem with but then I have never been anti establishment or worried about personal data being compromised, society is us all and the safety of us all and society go hand in glove and if vaccination makes us personally safer and larger society by definition safer then what is the real problem ?

This response in no way is directed at the person who I quoted to make my point it's just that their post was the best one to use to enter the discussion.

When I had my jab at the Racecourse I only gave my name and DOB. As it was an appointment, they had my paperwork already there.
The vaccination is now online in my Patient Access at my GP, so it all ties up.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Book online, it appears that anyone over 60 can book now. I booked yesterday and have got 1st jab next week and 2nd on 19th May.
On the off chance it is lower than 60 I just tried to book as a priority 9 but the portcullis is still down. Will try again next week.

Maybe attempts at booking are more successful later in the day so will try to book in the late afternoon next time.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here