[tweet]1358673829791490048[/tweet]

Oh.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
We've known that Tony has funded the club through interest free debt all along. Historically, he's also converted some of it into equity.

Nothing to see here (wrt the Albion), is there?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
We've known that Tony has funded the club through interest free debt all along. Historically, he's also converted some of it into equity.

Nothing to see here (wrt the Albion), is there?

This. Plus, of course, all debt figures are currently being inflated given the comparative lack of income on match-days for clubs.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wait for the Palace sheep to turn up spouting all sorts.
I wonder why palace aren't quoted...

Tottingham are at least playing like a club with over a billion pounds of debt.
It's a shame they probably can't afford to sack their really expensive manager.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Tony is also losing € 6.6 million per season at Union SG. It's his money, of course.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Stat Brother;9740841[B said:
]I wonder why palace aren't quoted...[/B]

Tottingham are at least playing like a club with over a billion pounds of debt.
It's a shame they probably can't afford to sack their really expensive manager.

Smoke and Mirrors... that's all you need to know!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Great to see us mixing it with Europe's elite

[tweet]1358673829791490048[/tweet]

Oh.

Pure rubbish the club doesn't have that debt. The Community Stadium Ltd company owns the stadium and training ground, the majority of debt is with them and has nothing to do with the club apart from it's directors. The football club rent the facilities.

Crap reporting.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I actually feel a bit sorry for some Burnley fans, not the morons and homophobes I encountered a couple of years ago, but people like us. Through no fault of their own, their club which let's face it doesn't have a massive global brand or opportunity, has been lumbered with new owners and purchased with leveraged debt like a mini Man U but without the potential. Next year, they will appear in the lower reaches of that list with little hope of repaying the debt.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Tony is also losing € 6.6 million per season at Union SG. It's his money, of course.

He is also spending a lot of money on improving the facilities for the women's team at Lancing. A £20m development from memory?

It says to me he's not swapping the Ocado delivery for a trip to Aldi any time soon

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If only there was a regular user who understands this sort of thing and could either confirm or deny it.......

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
So the club is £2M in debt to people who matter (in a I want my money back or you are going to court way), I would guess there are 19 other PL clubs who would love to be in that position

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
If I was a Spurs fan I would be very worried indeed.

I doubt they will qualify for Europe

I reckon Kane will have had enough by this summer and will want to jump ship. They will get loads less than in normal times. Someone will get a bargain

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This doesn’t give the full picture.

ManC and Chelsea routinely convert (on paper) loans from the owners (debt) into share capital, so those numbers drop out of these debt stats. TB has done this to an extent ... £70m in the last years.

Interest-free debt from the owner and share capital in a private limited company are in effect equity, with no adverse effects on the business.

Other than £37m borrowed recently from a financial institution, the club is effectively debt free.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
If I was a Spurs fan I would be very worried indeed.

I doubt they will qualify for Europe

I reckon Kane will have had enough by this summer and will want to jump ship. They will get loads less than in normal times. Someone will get a bargain

And Daniel Levy is consistently named as one of football's shrewdest (meanest) operators, especially in the transfer market. Odd innit - the world's most indebted club apparently.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Oh the wankpuffins will love this. BHA 'debt' is a an obsession of theirs.

Comparing us and Everton: Amex, Lancing a few player acquisitions but is theirs all the latter?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here