Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] COVID jab?

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Just wondered if anyone else in my situation has been invited to book their jab? I'm 47 with no underlying health condition and not a front line worker ???

The link and the phone number are genuine too, not spam. Just seems a bit soon?

I do have a disability but I wouldn't say it's an underlying health condition.

Last edited:

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Depends where you live maybe , I'm of a certain age I wasn't expecting my jab just yet and had it last week , my location is very rural which may have been why also the population in my catchment area is less than a Withdean attendance v Port Vale on a wet and windy January afternoon.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It does seem strange. I'm a 64-year-old asthmatic and not had an invite but I know people younger than I am, with no underlying health conditions who have had theirs. My mother, who's nearly 91, only had hers last week so it does seem a bit random.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
My housebound dad is 85 and still not been called yet, so it sounds like it could be one of these scams going around. Be careful.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
My housebound dad is 85 and still not been called yet, so it sounds like it could be one of these scams going around. Be careful.

Was all genuine and booked in for Saturday morning.

I can only guess as I'm in Worthing all the biddies are done.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
This is all being done very quickly and decisions being taken locally and at short notice, so there are going to be a lot of inconsistencies and decisions that would have been made differently if it was planned out years in advance. Check carefully of course, but I certainly wouldn't assume it's definitely a scam. Someone I know just had their jab way ahead of time expected. Didin't make a lot of sense, but wasn't going to say no!
[MENTION=378]southstandandy[/MENTION] my advice, for what little it is worth, would be to keep phoning and pushing for your Dad to get done. He should certainly have been done by now, and should be right at the top of any priority list.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
It does seem strange. I'm a 64-year-old asthmatic and not had an invite but I know people younger than I am, with no underlying health conditions who have had theirs. My mother, who's nearly 91, only had hers last week so it does seem a bit random.

There’s currently a lot of confusion regarding people with asthma. Previously the guidance in January was people taking steroid inhalers and eligible for annual flu vaccination qualified. Now they have backtracked on that guidance and are saying that’s not the case and people only qualify if they have severe asthma, ie oral tablets and recent hospital visits. Asthma UK is trying to get clarification.

Also different parts of the country are moving at different speeds on numbers and groups vaccinated. Sussex was slower than the rest of the country by quite a margin in the last figures I saw published 4th February. Let’s hope we catch up.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'm off today to have my jab, I'm 65 and only booked it Friday.
Anyone over 70 should now ring 119. Straight in.
Starting today are 65 and over. There's 2.9 million of us so that should be done in a week.
We are being contacted or can book online.
Also today are 16 to 64 with underlying health conditions. They will be contacted directly by their surgery. 7.3 million so that's another couple of weeks.
At an estimate, 60 - 64 in three weeks 1.8 million people. At this stage though the new jabs will half as those coming in for their second jab will start.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Just wondered if anyone else in my situation has been invited to book their jab? I'm 47 with no underlying health condition and not a front line worker ???

Someone I know in London is 47 and has also just been invited for a jab this week. No health issues etc. Is 47 the magic number?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I'm 50. Have no serious health issues.

I got a text on Saturday morning. Responded instantly and got jabbed in the afternoon.

Very sophisticated if a scam - they used the doctor’s surgery, put something in my arm and I got a sticker and everything.

PS Should we start an "I've had my jab" - official thread?

Last edited:

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Had ours 3 weeks ago yesterday, both under 60 wife has underlying health conditions and I have diabetes 2. Was surprised when we got called but again in rural area so maybe getting through residents quicker. No news on 2nd jab yet.

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
I'm 48 and have very, very mild asthma which is managed via the brown and blue inhalers. I also get invited for my yearly flu jab.
Received a text from my doctors in Worthing last Friday offering me an appointment. I received my first dose on Saturday.
No idea why I was invited so early although my local doctors surgery has a very small catchment area so maybe they are running ahead of schedule.
Felt a bit fatigued yesterday but otherwise all is OK. They will contact me nearer the time for my second dose which should be in early May.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Invited by email? If so it's almost certainly a scam (text is the normal form of invitation).

luge

Dec 18, 2010

My wife, 36, has been offered and has booked in for a vac. She has Asthma and some non benign cysts, and wouldn't consider herself priority, but we'll take the win.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm 50. Have no serious health issues.

I got a text on Saturday morning. Responded instantly and got jabbed in the afternoon.

Very sophisticated if a scam - they used the doctor’s surgery, put something in my arm and I got a sticker and everything.

PS Should we start an "I've had my jab" - official thread?

You got a sticker...and sweet?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here