Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Barney the black lab RIP

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
3F65250F-98AE-417C-8782-C5DD6CF90CCC.jpeg

I am the stoic one in our house so only really have my animal-loving NSC pals to share my sadness with. I missed the second half last night as the vet rang. Our darling boy became ill over the last day or two and had an emergency op which discovered a perforated ulcer. Nothing could be done and very sadly and suddenly we have lost a wonderful dog. He was our third lab and was the most friendly and loving dog you could wish for. He would have been 10 next Saturday so has gone far too early. A very sad house this morning. Thanks for listening NSCers - RIP darling Barney x

(I can upload songs from YouTube but have no idea if my attempt to upload a pic of Barney has worked - you’ll forgive me if I’ve cocked it up)

I can’t do football posts td at the mo but Veltman was fantastic and a proud Albion fan still enjoyed the result and performance

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Lovely, old school lab. Really do feel for you. Losing a dog, especially almost without warning, is shattering,

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Sorry to hear that.

I never had a dog growing up as my dad lost his in a house fire and couldn’t go through losing one again. They really do become one of the family.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
View attachment 133851

I am the stoic one in our house so only really have my animal-loving NSC pals to share my sadness with. I missed the second half last night as the vet rang. Our darling boy became ill over the last day or two and had an emergency op which discovered a perforated ulcer. Nothing could be done and very sadly and suddenly we have lost a wonderful dog. He was our third lab and was the most friendly and loving dog you could wish for. He would have been 10 next Saturday so has gone far too early. A very sad house this morning. Thanks for listening NSCers - RIP darling Barney x

(I can upload songs from YouTube but have no idea if my attempt to upload a pic of Barney has worked - you’ll forgive me if I’ve cocked it up)

I can’t do football posts td at the mo but Veltman was fantastic and a proud Albion fan still enjoyed the result and performance

So sorry to hear that. It so hard to lose a much loved family pet. RIP Barney.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Lovely photo. Happy memories. RIP Barney.

Ditch the stoicism and tell your family and friends how much you are hurting. They’ll be there for you.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Barney looks a real character, a mans dog maybe. Mourn him like you should, and maybe one day you will find another to fulfill his role. RIP Barney

My dear old mum RIP had strong views on dogs of which there were but 2 categories in her view - "silly little things" and "proper dogs". Barney would have most certainly been in the second category - lovely looking chap.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Rip Barney, a beautiful looking boy.
We lost our 12 year old female black labrador last year, (today would have been her 13th birthday) so I know how much you are hurting. Let the tears flow, it shows how much you loved Barney.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Currently going through the same pain as you. It's not easy is it... :(

There's a Barney sized hole in your family (and it'll take some filling), but he clearly won the doggy lottery getting you as an owner.

RIP to the handsome little fella. Labs are wonderful dogs.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
lovely photo, what a beautiful dog. we lost one of our collies a few weeks ago in a sudden accident, totally gut wrenching. feel for you

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
RIP Barney.
I feel your pain, We had to say goodbye to Albie (seen here celebrating our promotion to the Premier league) at the start of the year. He was only 8.alb.jpg
The vets didn't seem to know what the problem was but We believe he was taken by Alabama rot, after seeing a news item on meridian.
sad times :(

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
I know what you are going through.
We lost our Staffie, Skye, just over two weeks ago. She was officially only 9 but we got her from Battersea 6 years ago and did look older. I was home alone and found her listless in the morning and she died just over two hours later. I felt so helpless but comforted her in her last moments.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Deepest commiserations. I lost my cat, Harry the Cat, to feline leukemia at only 20 months old in 1987. I cried like a baby at the vet's when they put him down and he remains in my heart as, I'm sure, will Barney in yours. Don't believe what they say about cats. They care too.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here