Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Kick arse !

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Always a bad idea to speak when angry or drunk , still angry maybe drunk .

While i`m still in shock that we somehow couldn`t win that thrashing we gave Villa , i`m both in awe at our fantastic play , but also incredible ability to mess up so many gilt edge chances .

But above all what pisses me right off is GPs lack of anger , he`s side just mullered Villa , battered them , creamed them , handed them their arse . Why is this man not fuming angry , show some bloody emotion .

It would be hard to find fault with anyone at our great club , least of all our players or manager that has made us a GOOD team , but stop dismissing our great performances as bad luck , or just not our day . GET SOME OUTWARD EMOTION , you don`t have to take the scraps Sky throw you , tell them " We kicked arse " were you asleep ??

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

While i`m still in shock that we somehow couldn`t win that thrashing we gave Villa , i`m both in awe at our fantastic play , but also incredible ability to mess up so many gilt edge chances .

But above all what pisses me right off is GPs lack of anger , he`s side just mullered Villa , battered them , creamed them , handed them their arse . Why is this man not fuming angry , show some bloody emotion .

It would be hard to find fault with anyone at our great club , least of all our players or manager that has made us a GOOD team , but stop dismissing our great performances as bad luck , or just not our day . GET SOME OUTWARD EMOTION , you don`t have to take the scraps Sky throw you , tell them " We kicked arse " were you asleep ??

Go to bed

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

“Why is this man not fuming angry , show some bloody emotion “

Why do you think showing emotion would make a difference?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

TugWilson

Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
“Why is this man not fuming angry , show some bloody emotion “

Why do you think showing emotion would make a difference?

It`s called passion , or in the case of WBA , Sheff Utd , Fulham , Arsenal and Man Utd frustration .

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Potter has publicly backed his strikers, so he is hardly likely to call them out, even though they can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo. Maupay made a succession of wrong dec isions tonight but got 80 mins because Connolly, Tau and Zeqiri are no better. Welbeck should start, if fit. He has good positional sense, is less selfish than Maupay, reads the game better and is a class player.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Welcome to the Sheebo’d club :cheers: Top man :clap2:

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Because Potter is an intelligent coach and man-manager, able to see the big picture which is very positive.

Perhaps the club will address striking options in the next window?

Leaving the angry manager charade, in singling out players for criticism to the media, to Mourinho.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Why would he be, it helps no one.

One of the first lessons he learned:

"We play against Teversal FC, outside of Mansfield. We try to play and they only want to kick us. We are playing against a whole culture... we're leading 3-1 and concede two goals in the last minute. Everything explodes, they are celebrating like never before. I am screaming and fuming at the players. It was wrong. You lose people when you do that."

Hugo Rune

Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

But above all what pisses me right off is GPs lack of anger , he`s side just mullered Villa , battered them , creamed them , handed them their arse . Why is this man not fuming angry , show some bloody emotion.

“If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
..... If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it......” Kipling.

This is what people like Bloom, Guardiola & Klopp see.

I learned that emotion gets you nowhere in football management when I saw Fergie crush Keegan in the 90’s.

Those ruled by emotion are inherently weak, the Stoics and the Jedis are right about them.

Last edited:

TugWilson

Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
I don’t agree with your premise that GP lacks passion.

But even if he does, how does that make a difference to us taking our chances or not?

I am saying that if you have seen one post match interview with GP you have seen them all . Why can`t he show his pride in 26 shots tonight , but also the shared frustration we all feel , or am i the only one fed up with dominating teams for no reward . I thought i would get get a few negative comments , but i genuinely thought we all want to win , and GP showing the same disappointment as the players must be feeling would a show of intent .

Stone me i thought we supported the same club ???

TugWilson

Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
“If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
..... If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it......” Kipling.

This is what people like Bloom, Guardiola & Klopp see.

I learned that emotion gets you nowhere in football management when I saw Fergie crush Keegan in the 90’s.

Those ruled by emotion are inherently weak, the Stoics and the Jedis are right about them.
Chucking Kipling at me is ridiculous , i will up you CHURCHILL ! .

Please dont talk crap at me , " Those ruled by emotion are inherently weak " so why do you go to The Amex ?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I am saying that if you have seen one post match interview with GP you have seen them all . Why can`t he show his pride in 26 shots tonight , but also the shared frustration we all feel , or am i the only one fed up with dominating teams for no reward . I thought i would get get a few negative comments , but i genuinely thought we all want to win , and GP showing the same disappointment as the players must be feeling would a show of intent .

Stone me i thought we supported the same club ???

Why would he show that? How would it help?

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
If he was managed by his emotions rather than the other way round, I suspect he'd have used his interviews to give it some to the people who wanted his head on a stick a couple of months ago.

Sometimes when he listens to questions he looks like he's trying to decipher another language, which is about right given how rarely he's asked owt perceptive. Would have enjoyed hearing a few more specific questions about tactics this season rather than the same old "how does it feel to draw?" waffle. I imagine he takes it as a chance to switch off, in the context of trying to extract perfection from limited athletes all week

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here