Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Positives from Tonight

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
We will all be a little frustrated but that was a top goalkeeping performance that kept us out. Positives from tonight:

- So solid defensively, reduced their attacking players to absolutely nothing. Yet another clean sheet built on a really solid team performance.
- Veltman in particular had Jack Grealish in his pocket all night. He is a top top defender
- created loads of chances
- Trossard looks back to his best
- Bringing Lallana and Welbeck off the bench just shows how much depth we have now injuries are clearing up.
- another point and now our longest unbeaten run since coming up to the PL. Not an easy run of fixtures either so that is hugely reassuring.

We will batter someone soon, let’s just hope it’s Palace!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
6 PL games unbeaten, including fixtures vs Spurs, Liverpool, Leeds and Villa

And only 1 goal conceded in that 6 match sequence.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Not so long ago, we’d have conceded late and lost that game.
It takes a lot to score past the Albion these days though.
Big improvements.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
This season we started playing great football but we're poor in both boxes. Defense and forward play needed fixing.

Looks like the defense is much improved.

What next?

Exciting times, I'm back to feeling like we are on the cusp of something amazing.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I no longer expect us to concede a killer late goal from a corner or free kick thanks to having Sanchez in goal. He just casually plucks the ball from the air with ultimate confidence.

Jovis

Mar 30, 2012
Another for me is that I’ve seen two games this week where Dunk has utterly owned two top Premier League strikers - Vardy and Watkins - without breaking a sweat. He’s such a class act and we are extremely lucky to have him.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
The last 6 games we have looked like a very solid premier league side just lacking in the cutting edge up front.
Defence and midfield are approaching top notch, our interplay and transition from defence to attack is excellent.
Trossard has re-found his mojo which is a definite plus.
We no longer look like we are going to get turned over, we now look like we can compete with anyone. If we can fix the up front issues, we could beat anyone.

Hugo Rune

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We no longer look like we are going to get turned over, we now look like we can compete with anyone.

I struggle to recall the games where we’ve looked like being turned over? Maybe Everton away, Leicester away, Burnley 2nd half?

Anyway, this year has been pretty good with Sanchez finding his feet. We don’t look like we’d conceded 50% of shots on target like we did with Ryan in goal. We’ve only lost against the top two teams in a great 2021.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I struggle to recall the games where we’ve looked like being turned over? Maybe Everton away, Leicester away, Burnley 2nd half?

Anyway, this year has been pretty good with Sanchez finding his feet. We don’t look like we’d conceded 50% of shots on target like we did with Ryan in goal. We’ve only lost against the top two teams in a great 2021.

I'll rephrase it then: I am no longer concerned that we are going to concede every time the opposition get near our goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here