Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brentford stop taking the knee.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The Football League's should insist on it. And those teams who don't want to do it should go and play somewhere else.

It is a symbol that the Club's are committed in the fight against Racism and if you're not for it then you are against it. That's the reality of the facts.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
In real life I can’t recall a single football fan I know mentioning the taking the knee or being bothered by it. However seems some on NSC are obsessed with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Same here.

I agreed with Les Ferdinand in bringing it to a close at QPR.

The fight should continue, but next stop social media companies and the police to deal thoroughly with online racists.

All online abuse Weststander old boy. 👍

Ian Wright was ‘disappointed’ his racist on line abuser didn’t get a custodial sentence, when my daughter Amy was in Love Island, which she went into with her eyes open, a 14 year old from the Midlands sent her an online death threat, in which he said he wanted to cut off her head and gouge her eyes out, the Police on detecting who it was, merely spoke to him and then took no further action, not even a caution.

All abusive trolling needs to be outlawed, if we get into a situation where we deem racist abuse more ‘important’ than abuse against women then we are on a rocky road.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Personally not a fan of the knee taking. I have no problems with BLM, not even with the organisation being "violent marxist" (some level of disobedience is good). But its not doing anything. Its meaningless. The reason why we have less racism today than say 50 years ago is because of words (education) and actions (like laws against racial discrimination, leading to more intertwining of the races). Symbolic gestures like "taking the knee" is to preach for the choir, its not changing anything. All it does is that it creates a little bit of goodwill for the football brand, making it easier to furlough a couple of cleaners while signing more £20m football players.

The Football League's should insist on it. And those teams who don't want to do it should go and play somewhere else.

It is a symbol that the Club's are committed in the fight against Racism and if you're not for it then you are against it. That's the reality of the facts.

Its not. Its 100% possible to fight against racist while standing on your feet. The main reason to want to see it as "if you're not for it, you're against it" is if you enjoy the polarised, nuance-less Racists vs Non-Racists thing that is never ever going to be "won" as no one wants to join a "fraction" who hates them.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Blimey, that’s a bit extreme. I’m not ‘for’ Chris Hughton. Does that mean I am ‘against’ him then ? I’m afraid life doesn’t work like that.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014

Threatening clubs and players to kneel in subservience or else won’t prove anything.

Using that logic, every sci-fi geek at my school was committed to gay rights because at break times they’d yell out “I’m gay.” But at the time they were being pinned against the wall by a couple of thugs who’d told them to shout that out for the amusement of other thugs and their girlfriends, or else they’d be subjected to some form of punishment (half Nelson or Chinese burns usually). So it proved nothing at all.

“Taking the knee” (another ghastly media buzzword) is tainted by BLM. People saw rioting during lockdown, public property being damaged, and the police kneeling in subservience to the mob. That’s what a lot of people are thinking when they see footballers kneeling.

Do-gooders are oblivious to this, content in their virtue signalling, but the fact that racist abuse has increased suggests that, as always, middle class activists do more harm than good when they meddle.

Here are two things that I think will lessen the problem.

1. Scrap kneeling.
2. Stop the media publicising it when people send racist Tweets. Acting like it’s the most heinous thing ever will just encourage copycats.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Personally not a fan of the knee taking. I have no problems with BLM, not even with the organisation being "violent marxist" (some level of disobedience is good). But its not doing anything. Its meaningless. The reason why we have less racism today than say 50 years ago is because of words (education) and actions (like laws against racial discrimination, leading to more intertwining of the races). Symbolic gestures like "taking the knee" is to preach for the choir, its not changing anything. All it does is that it creates a little bit of goodwill for the football brand, making it easier to furlough a couple of cleaners while signing more £20m football players.

Its not. Its 100% possible to fight against racist while standing on your feet. The main reason to want to see it as "if you're not for it, you're against it" is if you enjoy the polarised, nuance-less Racists vs Non-Racists thing that is never ever going to be "won" as no one wants to join a "fraction" who hates them.

Code:

Here we go every thing that the Governing Bodies try to do . There will always be a reason from some people to push back against it so much so that we will be back to doing nothing.

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
Two points.

1. I think it's a shame that BLM have only sought to publicise one half of the Atlantic slave trade's journey to the plantations. They miss off how the slave was first enslaved and by whom. I also think it a shame that the BLM history of slavery is very limited to one aspect of the history of human slavery. It then opens the message up to justifiable criticism.

2. I find it a huge shame that an entire team "agrees with" or is forced to go along with either taking the knee or now, not taking the knee. How can the entire team really think the same thing? They can't and won't. The individual should be responsible for their own opinions and should not feel forced to think it is or is not a good idea. As such, I welcome the day when one team mate takes the knee and another team mate does not, and they respect each others point of view.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Blimey, that’s a bit extreme. I’m not ‘for’ Chris Hughton. Does that mean I am ‘against’ him then ? I’m afraid life doesn’t work like that.

This isn't about individuals. This is about doing something as opposed to doing nothing..

What else do thy do that is visible to fans. The little Adverts on Sky are not being heeded by fans. That's evident.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Threatening clubs and players to kneel in subservience or else won’t prove anything.

Using that logic, every sci-fi geek at my school was committed to gay rights because at break times they’d yell out “I’m gay.” But at the time they were being pinned against the wall by a couple of thugs who’d told them to shout that out for the amusement of other thugs and their girlfriends, or else they’d be subjected to some form of punishment (half Nelson or Chinese burns usually). So it proved nothing at all.

“Taking the knee” (another ghastly media buzzword) is tainted by BLM. People saw rioting during lockdown, public property being damaged, and the police kneeling in subservience to the mob. That’s what a lot of people are thinking when they see footballers kneeling.

Do-gooders are oblivious to this, content in their virtue signalling, but the fact that racist abuse has increased suggests that, as always, middle class activists do more harm than good when they meddle.

Here are two things that I think will lessen the problem.

1. Scrap kneeling.
2. Stop the media publicising it when people send racist Tweets. Acting like it’s the most heinous thing ever will just encourage copycats.

You proposed solutions do nothing for the victims. It just pretends it isn't happening.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
You proposed solutions do nothing for the victims. It just pretends it isn't happening.

Kick it out would still exist. It was less divisive, was widely supported, and didn’t hitch its wagon to a group that wants to destroy family units and capitalism.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Two points.

1. I think it's a shame that BLM have only sought to publicise one half of the Atlantic slave trade's journey to the plantations. They miss off how the slave was first enslaved and by whom. I also think it a shame that the BLM history of slavery is very limited to one aspect of the history of human slavery. It then opens the message up to justifiable criticism.

2. I find it a huge shame that an entire team "agrees with" or is forced to go along with either taking the knee or now, not taking the knee. How can the entire team really think the same thing? They can't and won't. The individual should be responsible for their own opinions and should not feel forced to think it is or is not a good idea. As such, I welcome the day when one team mate takes the knee and another team mate does not, and they respect each others point of view.

Ah there we go. People churn that one out all the time. The claim that " Black People are responsible for their own slavery "

White Slave Owners only kept it going for 400 years for their own good .

Barbaric Argument. This crops up on Social Media all the time. In some segments of Society there is simply no remorse. It is no wonder we can never seem to move forward in unity.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The players do it, no one else.
The players decided to do it to draw attention to what they believe is an issue.
The players are still doing it because they still think it's an issue (and given recent reports, they probably have a point).

I can't believe the number of snowflakes on here upset by it :shrug:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Kick it out would still exist. It was less divisive, was widely supported, and didn’t hitch its wagon to a group that wants to destroy family units and capitalism.

By less decisive you mean holding a mirror up to the injustice of the society we live in ? I am giving up. It isn't worth upsetting myself over having these arguments over and over because until people are on the receiving end then they can never have felt the pain.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
By less decisive you mean holding a mirror up to the injustice of the society we live in ? I am giving up. It isn't worth upsetting myself over having these arguments over and over because until people are on the receiving end then they can never have felt the pain.

Black players have spoken about against it. That’s how divisive it is. (And I’d admire their guts for doing so).

Do you want to sort out a problem or do you just want to make an empty gesture?

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
The players do it, no one else.
The players decided to do it to draw attention to what they believe is an issue.
The players are still doing it because they still think it's an issue (and given recent reports, they probably have a point).

I can't believe the number of snowflakes on here upset by it :shrug:

The players do it voluntarily... but if they don’t they’re publicly shamed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here