Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brentford stop taking the knee.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Idiotic riposte to a good point.
It's not a good point. Taking a knee has nothing to do with any Marxist organisation in the same way as being male and going to football has nothing to do with being a "Football Lad".

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Those who are against racism but don't support a violent marxist organisation maybe?
Those that don't understand the difference between the idea and organisation that has attempted to hijack the idea (with the help of said people).

Within this group there are those that wilfully misunderstand and those that struggle to understand for other reasons (in spite of repeated explanations).

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Quite few of the Rugby teams players didn’t today either

True, Icy. Some of the English players took the knee, but not all.

From what I could see, none of the Italians, Scots or Welsh took the knee. All remained standing.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The players decided to start taking the knee.

It is up to the players to decide if / when they stop.

It would be better if they all stop together though
Agreed, and until they decide they don't want/need to anymore they have my support (for the entirety of the 10 seconds it takes).

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

no no no under rock dwelling here moosh , billions of people watch football every week yet the moronic practices of a few warrant your comment " continually getting bombarded with racist abuse" BLM is nothing to do with football and precious little to do with the UK , it is there to bring the plight of Black African Americans in the US penal system, on death row for crimes they haven't committed and getting murdered by lunatic American coppers ........recent news and films coming bout of America have highlighted the endemic poisonous attitudes held by some sections of the penal / justice / law enforcement industry ( and it is run like an industry) in the USA

taking the knee was embraced by most , i personally think it's run its course .......the no room for racism and kick it out campaigns are far more productive in my view .

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The usual message from PB in tonight's programme on the zero tolerance position of the Albion in relation to racist comments on social media.

Whether players continue to take the knee is their decision, but clearly more still needs to be done,

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
no no no under rock dwelling here moosh , billions of people watch football every week yet the moronic practices of a few warrant your comment " continually getting bombarded with racist abuse" BLM is nothing to do with football and precious little to do with the UK , it is there to bring the plight of Black African Americans in the US penal system, on death row for crimes they haven't committed and getting murdered by lunatic American coppers ........recent news and films coming bout of America have highlighted the endemic poisonous attitudes held by some sections of the penal / justice / law enforcement industry ( and it is run like an industry) in the USA

taking the knee was embraced by most , i personally think it's run its course .......the no room for racism and kick it out campaigns are far more productive in my view .

How is a movement about ending racial prejudice not relevant in the UK? Genuine question.

In your, er, admirable haste to defend football fans around the globe you seem to have added context that does not exist. I never implied in the slightest that even a majority of football fans held racist beliefs, let alone all. But if I was implying all football fans are racist, I’d have to include myself in that as, believe it or not, I’m not just here for the witty banter...

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It lost its significance a long time ago. Need to see actions now - like the no anonymous accounts on social media that clubs have asked for - 100% the next step forward.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
It lost its significance a long time ago. Need to see actions now - like the no anonymous accounts on social media that clubs have asked for - 100% the next step forward.

Agreed.
Football has the ' Kick it Out ' platform. Established and credible.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
It is still absolutely necessary, and I'm pleased the likes of Sky are making the fact Brentford refused to take the knee one of their main stories. Look forward to what Darren Lewis on Sunday Supplement has to say about it tomorrow morning.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
FWIW Zaha makes some excellent points on this.

His experiences are ones we should listen to. He called taking the knee ‘degrading’.

The PL needs to take real action, for example against racists who have free range on social media by holding the tech companies to account. I’m in the group of people who deplores racism, but think that the knee gesture has run its course.

I would very much like to see the ‘Kick it Out’ campaign play a prominent role. I think they are an excellent organisation with the right message and about more than just gestures.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
FWIW Zaha makes some excellent points on this.

His experiences are ones we should listen to. He called taking the knee ‘degrading’.

The PL needs to take real action, for example against racists who have free range on social media by holding the tech companies to account. I’m in the group of people who deplores racism, but think that the knee gesture has run its course.

I would very much like to see the ‘Kick it Out’ campaign play a prominent role. I think they are an excellent organisation with the right message and about more than just gestures.

Shouldn’t that be governments, working with social media companies, and if no joy, imposing sanctions?

The football authorities and clubs can only deal with abuse in stadia. As well as banning online racists caught by the police.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
How is a movement about ending racial prejudice not relevant in the UK? Genuine question.

In your, er, admirable haste to defend football fans around the globe you seem to have added context that does not exist. I never implied in the slightest that even a majority of football fans held racist beliefs, let alone all. But if I was implying all football fans are racist, I’d have to include myself in that as, believe it or not, I’m not just here for the witty banter...

what i meant was that BLM and taking the knee was born out of the appalling plight of black Americans at the hands of their justice system , i honestly don't think that level of institutionalised , overt racism exists in the UK .....certainly not to the extent where black lads are getting locked up , shot and killed in their hundreds simply for refusing to comply with officers most trivial demands.

i know you weren't saying all fans were racist but i thought your comment suggested the problem was bigger than it is ......unfortunately there will always be people of low intelligence out there and that is what propagates racism in my opinion.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
There should be a minutes silence, clapping, kneeing etc before every game where everyone atones for their sins, inc racism.

Oh, that’s called Church, Mosque, Synagogue, Temple etc isn’t it. Knew there were existing institutions to remember people, denounce evil, support causes etc

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

And prosecutions, so these people understand that writing it on the internet is the same as shouting it in the street ie actual action to replace feel good, zero cost symbolism. I’m not bothered if the players want to continue taking the knee for the rest of time, it’s just pointless compared to actually cracking down on the perpetrators of the abuse. The only thing I find irritating about it is the Sky commentators earnestly telling us how important it is in the fight against racial abuse; it isn’t.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here