Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] A shameless and shameful request for a VOTE

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Hello

Somehow The Price of Football is on the shortlist for Fan Media of the year in the Football Supporters Association awards.

For those not familiar with it, originally [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] bought the domain name and suggested to me that we use it as a football finance blog site, and it has been putting up occasional posts there for the past 6-7 years. On the back of that there is now a Twitter feed, podcast and book of the same name, that covers the same topics.

The book is not a page turner, is full of DULLNESS but somehow has had five reprints and a second edition is due out in a couple of weeks, a sign of how bored people have been during the lockdown. Rather foolishly I agreed to give away 100% of the royalties of the first edition to the Trussell Trust, a leading foodbank charity, confident that the book would sell a few dozen copies, so I wouldn't be losing too much. Like Colin Hawkins defending a cross into the Albion penalty box, I got that spectacularly wrong.

If you would like to vote for The Price of Football we'd be delighted and humbled, equally if you think I'm a complete arse you can take great delight in voting in the same category for something related to Arsenal, Leeds or Liverpool etc.

If we don't win I will of course claim that the vote has been stolen and blame Kevin Day, the Crystal Palace co-presenter of the podcast,

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/fsa-awards-2020

Regards

EP etc.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I found voting to be a very DULL experience, best done by a DULLARD for a DULLARD. :drama:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Hello

Somehow The Price of Football is on the shortlist for Fan Media of the year in the Football Supporters Association awards.

For those not familiar with it, originally [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] bought the domain name and suggested to me that we use it as a football finance blog site, and it has been putting up occasional posts there for the past 6-7 years. On the back of that there is now a Twitter feed, podcast and book of the same name, that covers the same topics.

The book is not a page turner, is full of DULLNESS but somehow has had five reprints and a second edition is due out in a couple of weeks, a sign of how bored people have been during the lockdown. Rather foolishly I agreed to give away 100% of the royalties of the first edition to the Trussell Trust, a leading foodbank charity, confident that the book would sell a few dozen copies, so I wouldn't be losing too much. Like Colin Hawkins defending a cross into the Albion penalty box, I got that spectacularly wrong.

If you would like to vote for The Price of Football we'd be delighted and humbled, equally if you think I'm a complete arse you can take great delight in voting in the same category for something related to Arsenal, Leeds or Liverpool etc.

If we don't win I will of course claim that the vote has been stolen and blame Kevin Day, the Crystal Palace co-presenter of the podcast,

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/fsa-awards-2020

Regards

EP etc.

For you sir anything [emoji736]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Done .... but I have pointed out to them that I support Brighton and Hove Albion not Brighton !

Hugo Rune

Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Done.

I put the dull podcast on most nights to help me get to sleep. It takes literally seconds to work!

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I never miss an episode and listen every Monday and Thursday without fail.
The National League events are particularly interesting at the moment.
It's even more enjoyable because of the clubs you each support.

If you haven't already done it, it would be interesting to find out about the salaries and expenses paid to match officials.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Hello

I just voted, although I'm not entirely sure what I just voted for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here