Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Saturday prime time. What's it costing you?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Live Saturday night prime time viewing. Casualty, Masked Singer & The Voice on the other side. So, what's it costing you.
Confined to the bedroom laptop whilst her who must be obeyed has the 60" TV?
Takeaway bribery?
Indian in our household. Two in a week it's getting expensive now.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Built a wall in the middle of the lounge/diner when we redecorated a few years ago to create two lounges........big TV in both. Problem solved :)

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Nothing. When Brighton are on TV wife goes on her laptop. When she watches Long Lost Dates or other such "entertainment" I put my headphones on and go on my laptop.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Live Saturday night prime time viewing. Casualty, Masked Singer & The Voice on the other side. So, what's it costing you.
Takeaway bribery?

Grow a pair. Problem solved. :wink: :D

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Takeaway bribery?

At home we have a telly in each of our downstairs living rooms, but my shouting and mentalist celebrations when The Albion (or an opponent of a rival) scores upsets the nipper, so I watch all live football 6 doors away at my mate's house, and I enjoy his company, and I'm the only local pal he's got, and he's 77 (and been vaccinated), so it's all gravy. I spend the rest of the 24/7 with the missus so she's quite relaxed for me to bugger off for a bit.

Edit: and Mrs T would rather poke herself in the eye than watch working class telly (any mainstream shit on before the watershed, and anything on ITV or Channel 5, anytime, ever). It's me who likes things like The Masked Singer and Eurovision. :mad:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I set up a 32" tv as my pc monitor. Not as good as the 65" screen in the lounge, but I'm only a foot and a half away from it so I can swear and point without disturbing the crap she watches

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
EDIT: Bollocks. Just understood the point of this thread. I thought the match was 3.00pm for some reason.

:shootself:

Last edited:

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Large screen TV upstairs for me and similar downstairs for Mrs BS. She watches BBC/ITV progs via Firestick whilst my Firestick upstairs has football via the 'usual' apps. Harmony!

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
My girlfriend is a fellow season ticket holder so no problems in our house, the only discussion is who puts our son to bed at 8.30pm!, I personally think he old enough (2 and a half) to stay up and watch his team:albion2:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
My girlfriend is a fellow season ticket holder so no problems in our house, the only discussion is who puts our son to bed at 8.30pm!, I personally think he old enough (2 and a half) to stay up and watch his team:albion2:

If he's born, he's old enough.:)

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
People still watch TV live? My missus has still got the "Call The Midwife" Xmas special recorded for we're not stuck together.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Nothing, as there is nothing on Saturday night that we currently watch.

All I will have to suffer is when my wife asks what's the score, 0-0, Oh how boring. As if 0-0s can't be entertaining.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am thrilled that my wife who has had not more than a passing interest in Albion over the years has almost been converted during lockdown. She watches every Albion game enthusiastically now :thumbsup:

Her passion, horse racing, seldom clashes with Albion games and as it’s all over the sticks at the moment and her love is flat racing all is good

It’s fortunate that she hates the shite served up as Prime time Saturday tv viewing and treats it with as much disdain as me though.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
My wife and daughters don't watch that guff. Saturday night prime time tv is proof that civilization has died. I watch the game on laptop accompanied by one or both of my daughters.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Nothing.

I'll watch the game on my PC, my partner will either watch with me or do whatever else he wants, according to his mood.

No conflict or cost required.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven

What’s he got to get up for tomorrow?

Let him stay up, watch the game and put him in bed after, or, put him down at 7. He won’t know the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I'm sure going up at half time, 15 minutes late, won't hurt him [emoji6]

If it's Brighton, it's on the big TV no question. Any other game, I put it on the kindle and have one eye on that and one eye on the other TV with whatever we have on. She doesn't watch any crap, I'm more likely too! I do have the Leicester v Liverpool game on now as she is reading the paper. She doesn't seem to mind at weekends it's evenings in the week that she moans about if it is not Brighton.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here