Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone just tweeted training pics of himself

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
2019: some: I think he is decent, not a world beater but... others: nah he is too bad
*goes to loan to Turkey where he does nothing and then tears his ACL*
2021: this guy is the best player evah

I don’t remember that. Thought he was great and should have been picked more often by Hughton. The reaction to his sending off was ridiculous. Looking forward to his return.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
What value is expertise of 'emotional intelligence' if you can't work with someone who's a bit feisty?

I think Potter wanted to shake things up and show the players who was boss from the start.

He clearly drew a line in the sand then watched Locadia (general attitude) & Andone (attitude and on in pitch aggression) cross it. We kept the recall option for Andone to return in the January, an improvement in attitude was probably the key to him coming back.

I think that was the emotionally intelligent thing to do from the gaffer.

It might be that Andone wants to fight for a starting role now instead of assuming he is first pick........and then virtually assaulting an opposition player when he gets the chance.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
:mad:

For all I know he could have tried to teach him tango lessons, the Saints player is allowed to have put his leg there and Andone is not allowed to almost break into two pieces. Its a red card 365 days a week.

The Southampton player wasn’t injured. How many of Andone’s games have you seen? I don’t think he is a dirty player.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What costly red cards are they? He was sent off once for us, and that was harsh in my opinion.

I’m not sure where all this “red card waiting to happen” is coming from. He is no more niggly than Maupay and that’s no bad thing for a striker.

This. That moronic kick from Bernardo didn't exactly put him the right frame of mind for the red card game did it? And we're GAGGING for some overt aggression. Maupay is snide for sure, but he's no defender's idea of an in-yer-face nightmare. Or maybe Andone could just retrain as a midfielder. We've been sorely lacking in the aggression front there also, since the demise of King Kayal m'lord. Can't think of one single player in the Tinkerball setup that gives us that option

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The Southampton player wasn’t injured. How many of Andone’s games have you seen? I don’t think he is a dirty player.

He wasnt, but could easily have been because its a moronic, dangerous tackle.

Not many and I'm not saying he is a dirty player in general, I'm just saying that this one is a red card.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I'm sure Andone's grasp of English will be much better than during his first spell in Sussex.

If communication has been improved both ways it will provide a better chance of a successful spell second time around.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Or recognition that our existing striker options are limited
Connolly Maupay Welbeck Tau Zequri- do we need a 6th striker in the squad who has offered little hint of being good enough, has temperament issues to the extent that he's been thrown out of the club once, and who is on the comeback from serious injury?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Connolly Maupay Welbeck Tau Zequri- do we need a 6th striker in the squad who has offered little hint of being good enough, has temperament issues to the extent that he's been thrown out of the club once, and who is on the comeback from serious injury?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Andone would be FAR from bottom of that list of strikers IMHO

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Or recognition that our existing striker options are limited

Maupay is one of the best strikers in the league when it comes to passing and putting down pressure, Welbeck is a decent player overall and Connolly got some qualities as well. What is limited is their efficiency in front of goal and Andone's goal scoring record is not exactly phenomenal.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Apart from being sent off, what else exactly did he do wrong?

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
Maupay is one of the best strikers in the league when it comes to passing and putting down pressure, Welbeck is a decent player overall and Connolly got some qualities as well. What is limited is their efficiency in front of goal and Andone's goal scoring record is not exactly phenomenal.

Andone played under a manager that played 11 in defence and had 6 defenders on the bench. But he still scored goals. Maupay misses between 1 to 4 chances every game. Give the bloke a fair go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here