Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone just tweeted training pics of himself

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
On what basis are you claiming Andone is a more proven goalscorer than Maupay ?

Certainly not on anything I’ve seen or any stats to suggest it.

Because he has done it across La Liga, the Premier League, Full International level and Turkey. Neither have prolific records but I believe Andone is more proven (which could simply be down to the fact that he is 4 years older).

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Because he has done it across La Liga, the Premier League, Full International level and Turkey. Neither have prolific records but I believe Andone is more proven (which could simply be down to the fact that he is 4 years older).

I’d agree with what you changed your post to ... experienced.

But would argue Andone’s top flight scoring record is inferior to Maupay.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I don't want to see him back at all. He is far too moody and that has cost us in the past.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Put me in mind of the Kenny Burns saga. Bad boy turns good in the hands of a good manager.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am wavering, never wanted to see him in the relegation shirt but we could do with a more sizeable nasty Connolly imo :shrug:

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Hopefully he's used his time away from the game to reflect, learnt from those red cards, and see's an opportunity here to get his career back on track. The club have nursed him through a horrible injury back to a point where he could potentially play Premier league football again. If he come's through all that with a positive outlook on the situation and wants to play some football for us then I would gladly welcome him back. We would all have been praising the club had they gone out and spent £20m on a striker in the last window, well on his day a fit Andone can be that guy. But...... if he's actually just still a red card waiting to happen and has a chip on his shoulder about the way he previously left the club, then no thanks. Potter will be the only one who knows where his head is at.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
One of those who are willing to give him a final chance, after the way he left and his comments, I'm still not 100% on him.

Remember some very costly red cards which contributed to a difficult last season, will never survive in this VAR dominated era (more so than even last season). If he's willing to put the work in and be a reliable asset to the squad, why not...

What costly red cards are they? He was sent off once for us, and that was harsh in my opinion.

I’m not sure where all this “red card waiting to happen” is coming from. He is no more niggly than Maupay and that’s no bad thing for a striker.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
We need him AND he needs us too. Welcome back Andone.

His hasty streak is exactly what we need. We are way way too nice.

Yes he has made mistakes in the past. But he has earned a second chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Hopefully he's used his time away from the game to reflect, learnt from those red cards, and see's an opportunity here to get his career back on track. The club have nursed him through a horrible injury back to a point where he could potentially play Premier league football again. If he come's through all that with a positive outlook on the situation and wants to play some football for us then I would gladly welcome him back. We would all have been praising the club had they gone out and spent £20m on a striker in the last window, well on his day a fit Andone can be that guy. But...... if he's actually just still a red card waiting to happen and has a chip on his shoulder about the way he previously left the club, then no thanks. Potter will be the only one who knows where his head is at.

Red card not cards.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
What costly red cards are they? He was sent off once for us, and that was harsh in my opinion.

I’m not sure where all this “red card waiting to happen” is coming from. He is no more niggly than Maupay and that’s no bad thing for a striker.

Wasn't he later banned for three matches and fined when he elbowed a West Brom player in the FA Cup without the officials seeing?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He turned and was trying to control the ball, the Southampton player stuck his leg in the way.

:mad:

For all I know he could have tried to teach him tango lessons, the Saints player is allowed to have put his leg there and Andone is not allowed to almost break into two pieces. Its a red card 365 days a week.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
He's similar to both Maupay and Connolly with added bite , he's probably had time to reflect on his future and the time spent back in the Brighton camp helping him to recover may have had a positive effect on his personality and what he wants to achieve.

To my mind he's a player you would want to have in the squad because he just wants to play so bad and will I think knuckle down now and try to get himself in the team again , he's got something about him that's just too good to just move on .

If he's got his mind sorted I'd have him in the matchday squad all day long .

Fingers crossed he's up to the task , I hope we haven't seen the last of him personally.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here