Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Coping with Grealish’s diving

Hugo Rune

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Not the team.......me!

I’m not ashamed to say that I got very wound up in the reverse fixture as Grealish went to ground every-time one of our lads tried to tackle him. Only Zaha can match him in that machiavellian tactic of anticipating a tackle and then diving when it comes in, he is very good at it.

The referee that day, Michael Oliver, was in awe of Grealish, he gave him free kick after free kick as the brummie dived about here, there, and everywhere. He then got Lamptey sent off and had a go at Veltman after he’d got an elbow. I was steaming by then.

So this time I’m going to stay a lot calmer. I’m going to accept before the game that he’ll win at least half a dozen free kicks by diving when one of our players goes near him. I’m going to accept that he could have an admirer in the referee, Darren England, and that this might lead to some of our players getting yellows or reds for his repeated dives.

Let’s just hope that we’ve got a very experienced defender or midfielder looking after him, you never know, he might get one of those games Muzza used to have when his dark arts were simply ignored by the referee and he got absolutely nothing.

DavidinSouthampton

Jan 3, 2012
I was shouting at the TV when he pulled Veltman up by the collar.

I seem to remember he did get booked for simulation the last time out.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Not the team.......me!

I’m not ashamed to say that I got very wound up in the reverse fixture as Grealish went to ground every-time one of our lads tried to tackle him. Only Zaha can match him in that machiavellian tactic of anticipating a tackle and then diving when it comes in, he is very good at it.

The referee that day, Michael Oliver, was in awe of Grealish, he gave him free kick after free kick as the brummie dived about here, there, and everywhere. He then got Lamptey sent off and had a go at Veltman after he’d got an elbow. I was steaming by then.

So this time I’m going to stay a lot calmer. I’m going to accept before the game that he’ll win at least half a dozen free kicks by diving when one of our players goes near him. I’m going to accept that he could have an admirer in the referee, Darren England, and that this might lead to some of our players getting yellows or reds for his repeated dives.

Let’s just hope that we’ve got a very experienced defender or midfielder looking after him, you never know, he might get one of those games Muzza used to have when his dark arts were simply ignored by the referee and he got absolutely nothing.

i feel your pain, stay strong

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Some people cheat in every aspect of their lives, I bet he's even got a loaded dice when he plays snakes and ladders with his mum and dad. You just have to hope that karma hits them hard one day.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
New tactic today.

When he gets the ball, back to our goal and holding possession we need to charge towards him a-panting and a-snorting as if we mean to send him into orbit.

Then, chuck on the brakes so that when he does a triple back flip with a twist in anticipation of a robust hit, he does so with no contact and gets a yellow.

Sorted.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
All players are coached to gain a advantage no matter how bad it looks on TV it will carry on until refs are allowed by the sweet FA law to straight red card players for diving .

VAR has turned itself into the monster predicted , it's a stage for the skilled actor who knows his slo mo actions may earn his side valuable points , it's a no brainer , take a tumble or lose a game .

Grealish should have a cabinet full of Oscars now and it takes the shine of the fact that he is a fantastic player .

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He will win free kicks, and he will get a couple of Albion players booked.

I only hope that the challenges in question are such that genuinely hurt the little ****. If he’s going to sucker you into a yellow, at least make sure it counts.

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
The trouble is he is not only a good actor but also a good player. A lethal combination if we are not clever about him. The number of times players attempt to tackle him when his body is between them and the ball is stupid. whilst I agree he is a complte pain in his complaining every time he is touched we should not pretend he is never sctually fouled.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I’ve got the impression that other players are getting fed up with him. He seems to be getting a lot more grief from his fellow pros than he used to. I honestly think he is doing it less these days in the hope of getting into the England team. I can dream!

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
If he stayed on his feet more and bought a push bike, I'd have a lot more respect for him and would definitely say he is england material. He falls over theatrically and thought he was above the law when he was allowed to have a driving licence, for this absolute shitehousery, he must learn humility and self control.....but the kids an arse and deserves to be put on it at every opportunity

PILTDOWN MAN

Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Most fouled with little or no injuries should tell ref's that he cheats. Need to do an El-Abd on him, be in his ear winding him up until he flips. He does get away with a lot of petulance, but just keep flinging insults his way, he'll snap. He's an easy target you only have to see the way he looks or his off field antics, plenty to work with

Hugo Rune

Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Most fouled with little or no injuries should tell ref's that he cheats. Need to do an El-Abd on him, be in his ear winding him up until he flips. He does get away with a lot of petulance, but just keep flinging insults his way, he'll snap. He's an easy target you only have to see the way he looks or his off field antics, plenty to work with

You get the impression Maupay has a chat when he can. His little impression of Grealish ‘doing his hair’ at the Amex certainly got my approval!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i'm hoping Veltman and Biss will deal with him , one way or another , as said before he is my son in laws cousin and according to his aunty he's a lovely lad ......i just hope he has a shit 105 minutes at the Amex tonight , after that he can carry on.

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
There should be a team effort to take in turns that every time he dives that a different player goes up to him to call him out and another player goes to the ref to say it was a dive and get in the ref's ear to book him. Team effort and revenge for Lamptey. Aim should be to get him booked for diving ASAP. Surround him and the the ref every time he dives. We need to be a bit more street wise with the dark arts and a team plan to target Villa's divers would be a start.

PILTDOWN MAN

Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
i'm hoping Veltman and Biss will deal with him , one way or another , as said before he is my son in laws cousin and according to his aunty he's a lovely lad ......i just hope he has a shit 105 minutes at the Amex tonight , after that he can carry on.

A lovely lad that does hit and runs while pissed or drugged. Flaunts covid rules.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

This with bells on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here