Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Always Love It When One Of Those Big Swinging Dicks Gets, Er, DICKED

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
I’m not usually a fan of corporate types, but this smacks of another cancellation for not toeing the woke line.

“Freedom of speech doesn’t mean freedom from consequences,” those who toe the line will say, although one day the rules will change and they might find they’ve transgressed them too and been cancelled.

He was a mug to apologise, though. Apologise to the mob (even ones in Armani suits in air conditioned offices) and they’ll scent blood.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I’m not usually a fan of corporate types, but this smacks of another cancellation for not toeing the woke line.

“Freedom of speech doesn’t mean freedom from consequences,” those who toe the line will say, although one day the rules will change and they might find they’ve transgressed them too and been cancelled.

He was a mug to apologise, though. Apologise to the mob (even ones in Armani suits in air conditioned offices) and they’ll scent blood.

Love it how they ALWAYS say THIS when they get called out: "He later apologised for the comments, saying his words did not reflect his beliefs." :lolol: :tosser:

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

It's an interesting one......would be interested to know what he was responding or referring to.....in my last firm we had a number of 'Briefing and Q&A' type session around pandemic impacts, actions etc.....it wasn't uncommon, after someone explaining how difficult things were including financially for the firm that some utter entitled **** would pipe up and ask 'so....can you confirm whether this is likely to mean our bonuses will be reduced this year ?'. I would have been happy if the presenter had something something like 'of course it will you stupid ****, are you thick or something ?' (they didn't of course)

However, as for apologising and then claiming 'his words did not reflect his beliefs', that's bollox IMO. The words will have exactly reflected his true beliefs - he just dropped his guard for a minute at the wrong time and blurted it out.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Yes, those forced weasel apologies are just lies. And if the point of them to salvage the situation and stay in the job then it never works anyway.

They get people to falsely apologise and then ditch them straight after.

You’d have thought people would’ve cottoned onto that by now, but no.

He should’ve said, “I meant what I said and @#&* the lot of you.”

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's an interesting one......would be interested to know what he was responding or referring to.....in my last firm we had a number of 'Briefing and Q&A' type session around pandemic impacts, actions etc.....it wasn't uncommon, after someone explaining how difficult things were including financially for the firm that some utter entitled **** would pipe up and ask 'so....can you confirm whether this is likely to mean our bonuses will be reduced this year ?'. I would have been happy if the presenter had something something like 'of course it will you stupid ****, are you thick or something ?' (they didn't of course)

However, as for apologising and then claiming 'his words did not reflect his beliefs', that's bollox IMO. The words will have exactly reflected his true beliefs - he just dropped his guard for a minute at the wrong time and blurted it out.

I was once on a contract where the hotshot Aussie boss was so sure she was so shit hot that she actually put her cowboy-booted feet on the boardroom table during a meeting. With at least two Muslim guys sat more or less opposite her. She meant no obvious harm, she was just pig ignorant and throwing her mini-God status around. Takes a very brave person to call a cvnt out in real time tho

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The headlines are around him telling staff to stop moaning about lockdown working. I think he made a good point about how privileged they actually are to work in a sector shielded from the economic impact of Covid. I reckon the actual reasons for his departure are buried in the small print ie his breaking of KPMG lockdown rules by having face to face meetings with clients for coffee and his comments about unconscious bias. Someone in his position should have been politically astute enough to go nowhere near that debate and to not break the rules.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here