[Football] Scottish football historic sexual abuse

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
I wouldn’t be surprised if the same thing was happening in England more than the few publicised cases we know of.

I remember an interview with a very well-known Man Utd player of the 1990s saying how as a boy player of about 14, he’d been jumped on by several first team players (grown men, obviously), stripped naked, and had boot blacking applied to his genitals. It was apparently a regular thing there (the initiation ceremony all apprentices dreaded) and written off as a prank. The storyteller was telling it as a lighthearted anecdote, but listening, I thought it sounded quite creepy.

If he’d complained, I suspect he’d have been told to man up and expect such banter or get out.

Not hard to imagine more serious infractions happening at places with that kind of culture.

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Alan Brazil, it’s the only coherent thing he’s ever talked about, sometimes speaks about his near misses as a kid with Celtic Boys as a very young trainee. A priest and a paedophile coach would enter their common room, and take a seat next to that day’s selection of kids for their pleasure. Brazil got lucky, but he saw lads taken away to be raped. The same old story, to resist would’ve meant being booted out and would your devout family believe a kid over revered priests and club legends.

It took decades after impasse and blocking by the establishment (church and club) for the truth to be admitted. In the last ten years, finally, some long prison sentences were handed out, whilst other perpetrators had died. Brazil recognised all the ‘characters’.

The sentence the victims got were ruined lives.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
It is shameful and had been going on throughout the UK for years. This subject is always a difficult one for me.

My old football coach was locked up last year for 24 years. We all idolised him, he brought Le Tissier, the Wallace brothers, Kenna, Shearer etc through at Southampton so as kids we all thought he was amazing and clearly he took advantage of that situation. His son played in the same team as me too and went on to have a short professional career. There were rumours about him in the 90's, so much so that a TV crew came to film him when we were training once and they were moved on and we were told to go home. We even had a meeting with him and all the players and parents to talk about these rumours and the TV show where he categorically denied all of the rumours, saying it was a conspiracy and coming up with, in hindsight, all sorts of ridiculous defences. Being naive we believed him.

I won't go into it on here but looking back, you question everything about his methods. I played for him for a good few years in academies and part of different professional and semi professional clubs. Luckily for me, nothing ever happened to me but there were so many kids affected according to the numbers released in court that some of them would have been friends and team mates of mine for sure who have remained anonymous.

I'm so grateful to the brave men who have come forward in recent years to highlight what happened to them as this will hopefully prevent it ever happening again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here