Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] BOE: The UK is like a coiled spring.

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Are you

• Better off

Votes: 66 49.6%
  • Worse off

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • About the same

Votes: 39 29.3%

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 2719

How are NSC members and their overall wealth as of TODAY?

Are wealthy than last Feb, pre pandemic?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56035488

**This was supposed to be a poll, but didn't get any options can a mod please make it one to hide any anonymity.

Options:

Better off
Worse Off
The same

Last edited by a moderator:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Bless

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What about fewer car expenses and holidays???

Or are we talking less income?

Wine and takeaways have replaced holidays in the last year, planned a few for this year though (may or may not happen obviously)
Good point re driving - have driven 12 miles so far this year so car expenses are quite limited 😂😂 Did take the wife’s 14 year old Hyundai out yesterday and thrashed it up and down the A23 for a bit though because the battery was flat
Less income ? Hah. No income...........took redundancy in September and not working

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
So who to believe the BOE or a newspaper?

They are talking about two different demographics, so both are true.

I’m better off, but the Virus has further polarised the wealthy and those who are vulnerable.

The average salary of someone furloughed is £17k pa. The people impacted for the worst will be the lower paid end of the spectrum. Use of food banks is on the rise, so whilst the majority will be better off, we should all recognise that for the most vulnerable, this is a really tough time.

I’d also say the government support schemes end in April and unemployment is predicted to rise to 8% so things could get worse before they get better.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I mean, he’s not going to say he’s “fearful and thinks a big recession is about to hit so be very careful”, is he.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
So who to believe the BOE or a newspaper?

both. one is report from BoE on the wide economy as a whole. the other is a report from FCA on individuals being in financial difficulty. one is forward looking, the other recent or current state.

D

Deleted member 2719

Wine and takeaways have replaced holidays in the last year, planned a few for this year though (may or may not happen obviously)
Good point re driving - have driven 12 miles so far this year so car expenses are quite limited 😂😂 Did take the wife’s 14 year old Hyundai out yesterday and thrashed it up and down the A23 for a bit though because the battery was flat
Less income ? Hah. No income...........took redundancy in September and not working

Sorry to hear about the redundancy.

But as you sit at the moment looking at the overall picture when lockdown comes do you think you might be ready to uncoil?

I did the same thing with the wife's Honda!

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
enfield 2.jpg

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The value of my Pension Pot is up 13.5% on the start of 2020.

2 years 5 months until I can access it if funds are required in an extreme emergency. It would be most handy to keep my income before then, and ideal to keep it much longer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here