Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] How COLD are you??

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Bloody freezing here in north Essex. Minus 3 now and hasn't been above -1 all day. Been like that ALL week FFS. Due to drop to -4 tonight.
[MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] need not reply; yes, it's -12 in Gothenburg right now but if it's any consolatsion Swanny, it's -15 in Eskilstuna).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As I'm WFH and mostly in the house all day on my own, I've been trying to resist the temptation of putting the heating on. We do have an electric fire in the lounge (where I work) so I do give that a blast a few times a day. But mostly I find if I start drinking heavily from about 3pm, I don't notice the cold so much.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Outside, F-ing cold. Inside, nice and warm thanks to an extension built at great cost (but worth it). I toddled downstairs this morning, heating off all night, and the temp had plummeted from 20 at bedtime to a chilly 18 degrees. Brrrr!

Very thankful for all that (and I thank myself for a lifetime of navigating career shit, income earned at some personal cost, since without income, one is ****ed) and best wishes to those struggling.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As I'm WFH and mostly in the house all day on my own, I've been trying to resist the temptation of putting the heating on. We do have an electric fire in the lounge (where I work) so I do give that a blast a few times a day. But mostly I find if I start drinking heavily from about 3pm, I don't notice the cold so much.

I never drink before 6, unless I'm at a game. Iron discipline. Iron. Fact.

After 6, though? ??? :whistle:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Had an oil delivery yesterday (past the witching hour) so now safe in the knowledge Piltdown Wench can keep the heating on.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Quite warm here to be honest:cool:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Why don't you start drinking heavily from about 8am, then you wouldn't have to use the electric fire at all :shrug:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Had to go to do some site work in Eastbourne yesterday and it was bloody freezing getting changed into my overalls in their car park, something like minus 4 but wind chill as well...

A bit like HWT we have had loads of building work done at Jakarta Towers over the time we have been here and each time there seems to have been more and more insulation put in as part of the job so reasonably toasty.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Honestly if I had the means to live somewhere warmer in the winter months I would. Can't stand it!

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Absolutely freezing. Our boss at work has invested in one of those temperature guns to make sure nobody has Covid when we turn up for work. As the only person who walks in I've shown that the thing is bloody useless as I frequently come in with a temperature under 34 degrees, which would mean I had mild to moderate hypothermia. I don't... but it's a good indicator that I'm f*cking cold when I turn up.

My working space is no warmer than outside and the heater gives me splitting headaches so I spend the whole 8 hours shivering like a shitting dog before walking home.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We spent most of autumn with no roof, fortinately all sealed up before it got chilly, so now we're better insulated than before, and new windows, however we're still adjusting radiators etc to get the toast factor just right.

One positive is burning all the old roof rafters, seasons for 73 years, in the log burner.

This week has been cold, cold car, icy steering wheel, cold office, for some reason our office has a 6m high ceiling/roof, on a mezzanine above the factory, its kept cool in summer ok, but does not warm up when its this cold. A proper jumper is good enough for me, but I had cold hands all week, something I can't stand.

D

Deleted member 2719

Went out for a run yesterday. It was cold despite and extra layer and my usual winter gear on.
The wind chill was the killer.
I have decided -3 is the coldest for running for me, that's factoring the wind chill in. It was -7 yesterday.

If I was 10 years younger I would do this bare CHEST running.

Any youngster doing some bare chest stuff?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here