Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Drop off and pick up gatwick

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Gatwick has gone full Luton airport then...

In a way it does make sense. So many people use the 'departures' level to collect people and keep driving round. And the cost of stewarding that and police time must have been quite a lot

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the red zone.

The red zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers. There is no stopping in the white zone.

No. The white zone is for loading and unloading, and there is no stopping in the red zone.

The red zone has always been for loading and unloading, and there is never stopping in a white zone.

Don't tell me which zone is for stopping and which zone is for loading.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the red zone.

The red zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers. There is no stopping in the white zone.

No. The white zone is for loading and unloading, and there is no stopping in the red zone.

The red zone has always been for loading and unloading, and there is never stopping in a white zone.

Don't tell me which zone is for stopping and which zone is for loading.
Don't start up with your white zone shit again!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
"From 8 March a minimum £5 charge will apply to use the North Terminal Drop off zone."

:censored: ####ing :censored: `s

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Includes taxis as well, so an immediate extra £10 round trip.

Robbing gits.......I wait until anyone I’m picking up is literally ready to jump in the car before passing through. It’s a fiver for a few seconds.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It funny - I find that whenever I'm there to collect somebody who only has a little bit of hand luggage, I ALWAYS fancy a McDonalds coffee...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Interesting they're taking the 'after use' payment model .... I won't be paying then !!!

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
All this does is create problems elsewhere. Just because the f*****g morons who run Gatwick see it as an opportunity to raise cash. So - when people start getting into accidents on the slipway of the airport because the taxi has dropped them off short or such like, then we can all sue the premises for unsafe roads and lack of customer care/health and safety etc etc.....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Interesting they're taking the 'after use' payment model .... I won't be paying then !!!

Rolls eyes.

Why won’t you be paying? Do you also do runners from restaurants? Bunk fares on trains?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Gatwick has gone full Luton airport then...

In a way it does make sense. So many people use the 'departures' level to collect people and keep driving round. And the cost of stewarding that and police time must have been quite a lot

Given the financial issues facing the aviation industry I expect to see more of this in the future. It’s inevitable.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Rolls eyes.

Why won’t you be paying? Do you also do runners from restaurants? Bunk fares on trains?

No I do not - restaurants and train companies provide a product and a service that I'm happy to pay for. When I'm dropping off someone to use Gatwick Airport's service they are not providing me either a product or a service. In fact I'm actually providing THEM a service by getting THEIR customers to THEM.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No I do not - restaurants and train companies provide a product and a service that I'm happy to pay for. When I'm dropping off someone to use Gatwick Airport's service they are not providing me either a product or a service. In fact I'm actually providing THEM a service by getting THEIR customers to THEM.

Providing a drop-off point is clearly providing you with a service. You really are a numpty at times.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009

Charge the people you are dropping off a fiver then. You aren't out of pocket and they save on a taxi. Sorted.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Drop off a long stay gives 2 hours free, so expect this to be used, until Gatwick start charging for this also.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
All this does is create problems elsewhere. Just because the f*****g morons who run Gatwick see it as an opportunity to raise cash. So - when people start getting into accidents on the slipway of the airport because the taxi has dropped them off short or such like, then we can all sue the premises for unsafe roads and lack of customer care/health and safety etc etc.....

Hopefully it will free up the airport from carloads of non-mask wearing entitled rabble like the Westdene’s for more sophisticated and civilised world travellers like myself :lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here