Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Newcastle - up the creek?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
50K stadium full of frothing at the mouth VEHEMENT fans? So very far from fukt I'd suggest. Get the next owner right and they could - and probably should - be the next Man City

I kind of agree. they could be a much improved side next season with the right owners at the helm prepared to invest properly in the club. Maybe it would make it easier for us if they take the drop this season.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If,(big if) Wilson is back for their game against West Ham,17/4, their next 5 are West Ham, Liverpool,Arsenal,Leicester,City.

Tough fun of fixtures,

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Losing those 3 players is a huge blow - it would be like us not having Lamptey then losing Maupay, Webster and Veltman simultaneously for 8 weeks.

All this on the back of Newcastle letting Yedlin join Galatasaray in the January window too. Ouch!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
50K stadium full of frothing at the mouth VEHEMENT fans? So very far from fukt I'd suggest. Get the next owner right and they could - and probably should - be the next Man City

But that's been the case for years - for decades - yet, they've won no domestic competition for more than 70 years (and only threatened winning anything for a couple of those). Everyone can see that the potential is there and yet they constantly fail to deliver

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
But that's been the case for years - for decades - yet, they've won no domestic competition for more than 70 years (and only threatened winning anything for a couple of those). Everyone can see that the potential is there and yet they constantly fail to deliver

For sure. Hence my comment about next owner. ManCity were duds since forever. Pump / Launder enough money into any EPL project and it will pathetically predictably have the desired effect

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
They are poor, really poor. But can't see Fulham making up a 10 point gap. The bottom three are gone but Newcastle will probably finish 17th so they will get another chance next season.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
For sure. Hence my comment about next owner. ManCity were duds since forever. Pump / Launder enough money into any EPL project and it will pathetically predictably have the desired effect

Well, Man City had won trophies more recently than Newcastle (and that was before dodgy money) but what you're saying is true of any team. If Jeff Bezos wanted to pump billions into Accrington Stanley or AFC Wimbledon, they could win trophies too.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well, Man City had won trophies more recently than Newcastle (and that was before dodgy money) but what you're saying is true of any team. If Jeff Bezos wanted to pump billions into Accrington Stanley or AFC Wimbledon, they could win trophies too.

Well two Hollywood bozos just took over Wrexham for no real reason at all. We'll see how that pans out :lol:

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Talking hamstrings - Could be a real bonus for us if Tariq is back for the Palace game and Zaha is still out for them.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
9419BE9F-E220-4B8D-B418-9D57F62454AC.png

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

The problem was lardy local man-made-good owners who used their local status to lubricate their local business arrangements, and probably dazzle some local totty when they still had a bit of lead in their pencils.

What they really needed was a shrewd business mann, not local, and possibly with a greater affinity with another club, who.....

Oh, crap. Whoops!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The only team that could give Fulham hope is Fulham, and with 12 straight games without a win its not looking good.

But they have ther right Scott in charge (look up Thunderbirds if you're unfamiliar; we'll train you to be a proper Brit yet; you already speak the language better than 50% of NSC :lolol:)

The right manager.PNG

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Who is the F.Andone ?

You just reminded me of that Blackadder episode, when Baldrick announced a cunning plan of playing word games before their execution to pass the time, to which Blackadder replied:

"Arrange the following words into a simple sentence: Mouth your sodding shut".

I think you meant 'who the F is Andone'. Correct if me I'm wrong.

The answer to my question, if not yours, my friend, is not blowing in the wind, it is a Brighton forward, waiting, final checks ongoing, in the wings ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here