Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Newcastle - up the creek?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Callum Wilson out for 2 months
Schar and Manquillo out for 2-3 months

They are on the same points as us but they are heavily reliant on Wilson for goals, could give Fulham hope?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

They are on the same points as us but they are heavily reliant on Wilson for goals, could give Fulham hope?

Schar's been their rock in defence too. If ASM is out for any more time they're really screwed

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

I thought Wilson wasn't having a great season but having a quick look at the stats he's scored 40% of their goals this season. That's crazy.

Think Saint-Maximin and Almiron hitting form might be enough to keep them above Fulham but they are absolutely in trouble.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

The only team that could give Fulham hope is Fulham, and with 12 straight games without a win its not looking good.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Is Saint Maximan decent? He seems to have passed me by and the only time i have seen him play was at the Amex where he looked shit, got given the run around by one of our players and then just gave up and asked to come off.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
They are f***ed without Wilson.

His goals have earned them an astonishing 17 points from their 25. That’s 7 matches where he has made the difference scoring a goal to draw or scoring the winner.

Great news for the bottom 3 and more proof that we are not going down.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

To be honest l almost think that Sheffield United have as much hope of avoiding the drop than Fulham do, at least they are a team on the up and in some sort of form and are actually startting to win a few games. At this stage of the season turning draws into wins is an absolute priority if you are in a relegation position.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
They are f***ed without Wilson.

His goals have earned them an astonishing 17 points from their 25. That’s 7 matches where he has made the difference scoring a goal to draw or scoring the winner.

Great news for the bottom 3 and more proof that we are not going down.

Andy Carroll will ride to their rescue. :nono:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
You just have to look at the respective odds for relegation to know that they could be in for a tough 3 months:

Brighton - 28/1
Newcastle - 7/2

Quite a difference for 2 teams both on the same points and games played!

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
A mate of mine who's a Newcastle fan has been saying for ages they'd be in trouble if Wilson got injured. They do have a couple of other's in form at the moment, but it could be a real hammer blow.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
You just have to look at the respective odds for relegation to know that they could be in for a tough 3 months:

Brighton - 28/1
Newcastle - 7/2

Quite a difference for 2 teams both on the same points and games played!

I actually want Fulham to be winning games now. Sending down Newcastle would be hilarious

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Is Saint Maximan decent? He seems to have passed me by and the only time i have seen him play was at the Amex where he looked shit, got given the run around by one of our players and then just gave up and asked to come off.

Bruce described him as "their Grealish" so I guess he's pretty important to their survival if he's that good. Their results have picked up since he's come back from injury.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Seem to recall he got well and truly LAMPTEYED in the fixture at Toon.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

He can be, especially going forward but Potter worked out all his weaknesses up there (it helped that Tariq was fit, it would have been harder without pace). However, doesn't track back and had a horrible bout of Long Covid.

He's a BEAST on FIFA though.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
After Everton away this weekend, Fulham have got Burnley, Sheff Yoo and P*l*ce, then Liverpool and Man City. If they can reduce the gap, they've got Toon on the last day.

I reckon the gulf in quality is too big for any of them to escape but t'Blades have got a kind-looking last couple of months on the list.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
After Everton away this weekend, Fulham have got Burnley, Sheff Yoo and P*l*ce, then Liverpool and Man City. If they can reduce the gap, they've got Toon on the last day.

I reckon the gulf in quality is too big for any of them to escape but t'Blades have got a kind-looking last couple of months on the list.

So Fulham's plan has got to be, to get within 3 points of Newcastle before the final day. You'd think if they close the points gap, the GD will be better than Newcastle, so 3 behind would be fine. Then one massive show down to stay up. Might be a decent end to the season after all ... As long we are nowhere near it that's fine by me

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Lascelles is also a big miss for them, he's been out the last month or two with a combination of covid and a hammy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here