Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What team would you select, not Potter's picks. Me:

------------------Sanchez
-------White - Dunk - Webster
Veltman - Bissuoma - Lallana - Alzate
----------------Mac Allister
-----------Maupay - Trossard

That's what I'd pick, AND what I think Potter will pick.

There are not that many alternatives, tbh, given the flogging of Groß last night suggests he's due a rest.

He has a choice between Alzate, Burn and Karbownik at LWB. He might go for Burn.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Sanchez

Webster, Dunk, BDB (I want left footed LCBs)
Veltman, Bissouma, Lallana, White
Mac Allister
Trossard, Maupay

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Veltman - Bissuoma - Lallana - Karbownik

I'm chucking Karbo in on the left, to counter the fact that we are otherwise short on pace

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I would be very surprised if Burn did not start at LWB if Webby Makes it.

I agree, if Webster is fit enough to start, I think Potter will play Burn at LWB but I hope it's Alzate. Other than Lallana he was our best player last night and whenever he's played at wing back he's done well. I'm a big Alzate fan and prefer him there to Burn personally.

If Webster is still unfit, and there has to be a good chance he won't be looking at that injury, I think Potter will play Burn at centre back and then Alzate will start at LWB.

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I would be very surprised if Burn did not start at LWB if Webby Makes it.

Most likely. Whoever gets the job, he will be up against the best right back in the league (this season) + Traoré who can also be dangerous, so I think it will be a defensive minded pick like BDB.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Most likely. Whoever gets the job, he will be up against the best right back in the league (this season) + Traoré who can also be dangerous, so I think it will be a defensive minded pick like BDB.

But we're at home against a mid table team (who narrowly avoided the drop last year) who we've already beaten away.

No need for this perpetual inferiority complex

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Why is Alzate suddenly a left wing back?

Sanchez
White Dunk Burn
Veltman Bissouma Gross Karbownik
Trossard Mac Allister
Maupay

For me - although again I'd tell Maupay to stop trying to "create" and start being in the box where he's an effective player. He's pretty poor outside the box so he should focus on what the team needs him to do.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Sanchez
White Dunk Burn
Trossard Mac Allister
Maupay

For me - although again I'd tell Maupay to stop trying to "create" and start being in the box where he's an effective player. He's pretty poor outside the box so he should focus on what the team needs him to do.

I guess people put him there because he played LWB last night if I understand it correctly? Karbo is also not a natural LWB if I understand it right, he is right footed and seems to have ended up in the LB role in Legia almost by accident.

Really need to sign another left footed player (BC or LWB or some kind of utility player) this summer, maybe there is room for Clarke after all.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Sanchez
White Dunk Burn
Trossard Mac Allister
Maupay

Yeh mate. If Maupay's in he needs to goal hang. Leandro and Alexis can do their stuff deeper and wider. Neal needs to be in the second six yard box, (to coin a horrific phrase) to put it away

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Sanchez
White Dunk Burn
Trossard Mac Allister
Maupay

One thing that Maupay occasionally does which does worry me is gets/wins the ball deep (often just in front of the centre backs) then keeps it and tries to make something out of it, often getting into trouble. Give it simple to the defence or Biss and co, and get the f*** out of there :annoyed:

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009
Sanchez

Webster, Dunk, BDB (I want left footed LCBs)
Veltman, Bissouma, Lallana, White
Mac Allister
Trossard, Maupay
You want left-footed LCB but you don't mind. (very) right-footed LWB? I think Webby is two-footed enough to play on the left of the back three, and in the absence of Solly, BDB is best choice for wing back.
For all that Alzate played quite well yesterday, he still gave the ball away badly on at least a couple of occasions, and maybe needs to concentrate more at times.
It's a tough call to leave out Gross when he's been playing so well, but Lallana has to play if fit. And I prefer Welbeck up front.
So
Sanchez

White
Dunk
Webster

Veltman
Bissouma
Lallana
Burn

Mac Allister

Trossard
Welbeck

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Veltman - Bissuoma - Lallana - Karbownik

I'm chucking Karbo in on the left, to counter the fact that we are otherwise short on pace

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Anyone still thinking Webster, sadly Potter confirmed today he’s likely to miss the game.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
———————Sanchez——————-
——-Veltman—--White—-Dunk———-
Karbowicz——————————Alzate
———-Bissouma——Groß—————-
Maupay———-Welbeck——Mac Allister

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here