Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So much promise

D

Deleted member 2719

We really have such a young vibrant energetic team full of endeavour and a seemingly endless amount of improvement to come. If we clear the dead wood in the summer bring in two high quality strikers this squad is capable of anything.

Yep, so much to look forward to.:albion2:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yes, but it will be difficult to keep hold of Bissouma and White. The question is if we don't want to hold players back how much will we get and how much will we reinvest?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Everyone is a good player in this squad. But yes, some players will need to move on for their career and the club will thank them for their service.

theboybilly

Yes, but it will be difficult to keep hold of Bissouma and White. The question is if we don't want to hold players back how much will we get and how much will we reinvest?

I've heard this often but I really don't see the club letting Bissouma and White go. I don't even see both players looking to go. Things are looking up for us but still unsubstantiated rumours put a dampener on things. It will take a huge bid for Tony Bloom to allow either go. Absolutely huge.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I would be looking to move on propper burn Ryan Connolly on loan not that any are bad players but we need hungry players and ones that’ll progress us further

I would also make a big bid for nunez too

Yeah fair enough. Though I'm a big fan of Burn personally, so I'd definitely prefer to keep him.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
It’s great to see the new debutants last night and other young talent coming through this season: Sanchez, Khadra. Gives a lot more confidence re strength in depth. Just hope that we can keep them all.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It’s all very nice and all still lack cutting edge in the box, I felt last night if the game was 180 minutes we still would fail to score.

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
I would be looking to move on propper burn Ryan Connolly on loan not that any are bad players but we need hungry players and ones that’ll progress us further

Agree about Propper and Ryan.
Burn has already proved his worth to the side, he certainly isn't dead wood.
Don't agree about Connolly either. I see great potential in him. He certainly knows where the goal is, but he needs teaching how to stay on his feet. Drives me nuts when he looks for free kicks all the time.

I'm sure I saw on another thread somewhere that Nunez has scored only 4 goals in the Portuguese league this season.
If that stat is correct, is he really someone we want?
I have no idea how good or bad the Portuguese league is ................. but it never gets any TV airtime outside of Portugal as far as I can tell, so maybe it's not all that?

Incidentally, how much money do you think Tony should invest in TWO top class strikers?

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Agree about Propper and Ryan.
Burn has already proved his worth to the side, he certainly isn't dead wood.
Don't agree about Connolly either. I see great potential in him. He certainly knows where the goal is, but he needs teaching how to stay on his feet. Drives me nuts when he looks for free kicks all the time.

I'm sure I saw on another thread somewhere that Nunez has scored only 4 goals in the Portuguese league this season.
If that stat is correct, is he really someone we want?
I have no idea how good or bad the Portuguese league is ................. but it never gets any TV airtime outside of Portugal as far as I can tell, so maybe it's not all that?

Incidentally, how much money do you think Tony should invest in TWO top class strikers?
I like Connolly too and I certainly see him as a staple in 2/3 years he’s clearly talented I just think a year away would do him good. I like burn too as I said but I don’t think we should be keeping him at the expense of younger more gifted players. Obviously in the light of covid I would imagine the transfer budget will be less than normal but if we can sell a few and get wages off I would say two strikers would need to be around 60 odd mil for the pair

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Anyone thinking that should we sell a "big" player for a big fee the money will be reinvested will need to be careful in their e expectations.
Imagine that two of White, Lamptey, Bissouma go and we've got £100million. We're not going to be buying anyone over £30million as a result for the simple reason of wages. Yes TB will let GP use some of it but only broadly in line with our current strategy.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Propper has been injured or ill all season. A shadow of his former self, but no longer know how he fits in with the current crop, look how revitalised Gross is from a slight change in role.
Burn, Ryan and Connolly all look bloody starving when it comes to getting game time. Ryan has moved on to feed his hunger, Burn allegedly knocked on Potter's door wanting more game time and Connolly looks desperate for minutes in this team. I think it's fair to say Potter and Co have different criteria and data than most fans could dream of. There's a cracking new article about it in The Athletic just this week about squad criteria.

As for Nunez - who knows? Personally I think the days of bidding big are gone for a season or two for most clubs until books might be better balanced and fans are back.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I've heard this often but I really don't see the club letting Bissouma and White go. I don't even see both players looking to go. Things are looking up for us but still unsubstantiated rumours put a dampener on things. It will take a huge bid for Tony Bloom to allow either go. Absolutely huge.

Totally agree. We turned down £30M for White because we saw his potential. Leeds wanted him but have now probably moved on. Can’t see many clubs offering much more, but let’s pretend City offered £40M as thy want him as back up. A) Would we sell B) Would he want to go and sit on a bench? I think the answer to both these questions is no, and it’s why rising stars like Bissouma and Lamptey have signed 4+ year contracts. If we hold our nerve and keep all our best players, I think the next couple of seasons will be our best ever by a country mile. UTA.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The transfer market will still in very slow in the summer

I don't believe we will buy any first team players in the summer, (probably there will be the odd u23 prospect)

I think it will be hard to get buyers for the players we have who aren't playing. So I expect we'll still have Propper, Ali J and Andone in the squad

This might force our hand with the decision making on some of the youngsters on loan, Molumby, Cochrane, Richards, Ostigard. I imagine we'll be moving some of these type of players to different clubs.

The upside of a depressed market is that, there will only be 3 or 4 PL clubs spending big, instead of the usual 8 or 10. This greatly enhanced our chances of keeping our best young players

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here