blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Walton - 5 - If he'd been more alive to the danger he'd have claimed that

Karbownik - 7 - Grew in confidence. Looks a proper runner

White - 7 - Offered good defensive cover and composed passing

Dunk - 7 - Blocked, covered and passed as he usually does

Burn - 3 - Some tidy passing, not all bad. But one appalling cross, one horrible clumsy moment for the disallowed goal and a hideous switch off for the winner. A little too much calamity for it to be a co-incidence.

Alzate - 5 - Tidy passing and one great cross, but looked clearly out of position to me. Villa will be targeting him for his defensive work

Gross - 7 - A man who knows what he's doing. Such a clever player

Moder - 6 - Dale Stephens performance. Ticked it over, didn't lose possession, didn't hurt the opponent. Decent debut

Lallana - 4 - Woeful finishing and gave the ball away too often. A poor game

Tau - 5- Buzzed around and looked to make things happen. Lacked the confidence to take on top notch defenders

Zeqiri - 7 - MOM - Lovely finish ruled offside, some decent wing play when he dropped wide. Made a strong case for league game time.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Walton 6
Karbownik 6.5
Alzate 6.5
White 7
Dunk 8 MOTM
Burn 6
Moder 6
Gross 6.5
Lallana 6.5
Tau 6
Zeqiri 7

Veltman 6
Bissouma 5
MacAllister 6.5

Last edited:

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol

Burn - 3 - Some tidy passing, not all bad. But one appalling cross, one horrible clumsy moment for the disallowed goal and a hideous switch off for the winner. A little too much calamity for it to be a co-incidence.

Alzate - 5 - Tidy passing and one great cross, but looked clearly out of position to me. Villa will be targeting him for his defensive work

Moder - 6 - Dale Stephens performance. Ticked it over, didn't lose possession, didn't hurt the opponent. Decent debut

Tau - 5- Buzzed around and looked to make things happen. Lacked the confidence to take on top notch defenders

Zeqiri - 7 - MOM - Lovely finish ruled offside, some decent wing play when he dropped wide. Made a strong case for league game time.
Lallana 4?! What on earth were you watching?

He ran the game first half

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Lallana 4?! What on earth were you watching?

He ran the game first half

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I thought he had a poor game. As per my post. Lost the ball a lot

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Walton 6
Karbownik 5
Alzate 7
White 7
Dunk 8
Burn 5
Moder 6
Gross 7
Lallana 6
Tau 5
Zeqiri 6

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea

I have no idea what game you were watching.
We lost control of the midfield when Lallana went off. I thought Bissouma was worryingly and uncharacteristically poor when he came on.
The goal was down to a general switch off and Walton ‘doing a Ryan’ with the cross.
Burn looks better at LWB or LB, as one of the 3 CBs he is an accident waiting to happen but he was never a 3.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I have no idea what game you were watching.
We lost control of the midfield when Lallana went off. I thought Bissouma was worryingly and uncharacteristically poor when he came on.
The goal was down to a general switch off and Walton ‘doing a Ryan’ with the cross.
Burn looks better at LWB or LB, as one of the 3 CBs he is an accident waiting to happen but he was never a 3.

It was Leicester v Brighton. Now it's Everton v Spurs.

I saw it that it was Gross controlling the midfield for us. Leicester were always going to have a go at us that the end, but yeh, Biss didn't get into the game

I stand by my ratings, but feel free to put some alternatives ..... that's what these threads are all about

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

I saw it that it was Gross controlling the midfield for us. Leicester were always going to have a go at us that the end, but yeh, Biss didn't get into the game

I stand by my ratings, but feel free to put some alternatives ..... that's what these threads are all about

46 passes, 91% accuracy which would mean he lost the ball 4 times

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea

I like Gross but if by controlling you mean going backwards more often than not and slowing just about every breakaway down then yeah he controlled it, he also had the chance to send Zeqiri clear in the second half but his through ball was really poor. He doesn’t lose possession often because 9/10 passes are ‘safe’ but don’t create anything. Stephens did much the same and got destroyed for it on here.

Burn a 3 is more than harsh, what else did he do wrong apart from get caught wrong side when the entire team had switched off? Something which wouldn’t have mattered if Walton had done his job.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017

Never in a million years was Lallana a four. And for you to rate Walton so low is nonsense also, firstly the goal wasn’t his fault and secondly he made two or three good saves before that.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Lallana - 4?!! That is properly mental.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I like Gross but if by controlling you mean going backwards more often than not and slowing just about every breakaway down then yeah he controlled it, he also had the chance to send Zeqiri clear in the second half but his through ball was really poor. He doesn’t lose possession often because 9/10 passes are ‘safe’ but don’t create anything. Stephens did much the same and got destroyed for it on here.

Burn a 3 is more than harsh, what else did he do wrong apart from get caught wrong side when the entire team had switched off? Something which wouldn’t have mattered if Walton had done his job.

I detailed this in my post. Not great for the disallowed goal and some disappointing work when he got forward. It wasn't all bad, and he has had some really good performances for us. but when he's making mistakes, they are big ones and they are costing us.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
46 passes, 91% accuracy which would mean he lost the ball 4 times

Fair play, that's much better than i'd have thought .. and doesn't really sound right to me ... but anyway

Can't really edit my post now, so i'll justify the low mark for some horrendous shooting

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Walton - 6
White - 7
Dunk - 8
Burn - 6 - poor on goal otherwise okay
Karbo - 7
Gross - 6 - tired
Lallana - 7
Molder - 6 - tired
Alzate - 7
Tau - 6 disappointing on the ball
Zeqiri - 7 - best game so far

Subs - 6 - nothing of note

Quite enjoyed our performance. The Polish lads look promising.

Think GP got it right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here