Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potentially very sad contributing reason for Liverpool’s loss of form

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Very sad, nothing much to add from me :down:

Apologies if fixtures, but I haven’t seen it on here

6C8E066C-8911-4864-89E0-51E9678D6811.jpeg

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
do you really think this sad news was really a contributing factor to us beating Liverpool?

A very strange conclusion and insensitive thread title

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
do you really think this sad news was really a contributing factor to us beating Liverpool?

A very strange conclusion and insensitive thread title

Genuinely sorry if you see this as an insensitive thread

His mother died on 19 Jan, two days before Burnley beat Liverpool

If any mods see this as an insensitive thread or title, please bin it. Not my intention at all

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

ok, fair enough.

I didn't know about the sad news but I'm sure Klopp, the players and even Liverpool fans wouldn't use it as a reason for being outplayed by us, their keeper gifting goals, etc, etc. However it also undoubtedly contributed to Klopp's less than upbeat press conferences around that time.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I didn't know about Klopp's mum, so sympathy to Klopp and family from me.

Liverpool's form has been a bit iffy this season anyway, so I'm not sure that this is a reason for it. It could've gone either way really - after all, we had some great wins and togetherness after the sad departure of Knocky's dad.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014

His mother died on 19 Jan, two days before Burnley beat Liverpool

If any mods see this as an insensitive thread or title, please bin it. Not my intention at all

They hadn't scored in the three games before that.

It may or may not be a factor but no harm it being raised in a responsible way. There was a similar claim made about the losing Super Bowl head coach earlier this week, it’s hard to say if it had an effect - you’d probably need insider knowledge and people with it would generally not talk about it out of respect

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Very sad. I don't think there's a better manager out there than Klopp. Watching him on the touchline is a source of entertainment in itself. Will Pickford get a medal when Citeh win the league? He's done more than anyone at Citeh to ensure that Liverpool couldn't successfully defend their title.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not quite comfortable "blaming" bad form on something that happens outside the life of a player / manager as it suggests someone is not capable of doing their job with things going on on the side, which is something no one can know about unless they are (in this case) Klopp himself or someone close to him.

There's lots of things going on all the time in the lives of staffs and managers. Problems with the family, problems with the wife, problems with kids, family getting sick or dying or not feeling bad... while I understand Icy's thoughts were well-meant, I personally think its a bit distasteful to speculate in it. Thought the same thing last year when GP lost his parents - it was pretty uncomfortable when people mentioned it as a "reason/excuse/whatever" to why Brighton might have lost. Its private stuff and we have no idea if/in what ways it affects the work of staff and players, so I dont think it should be something we speculate about.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Ye, I think it's enough to say condolences to the Klopp family. No need to bring football into this

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Very sad. I don't think there's a better manager out there than Klopp. Watching him on the touchline is a source of entertainment in itself. Will Pickford get a medal when Citeh win the league? He's done more than anyone at Citeh to ensure that Liverpool couldn't successfully defend their title.

Not sure this is the thread to air your anti City/pro Liverpool views

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Surprised the scousers weren't having candle lit vigils and 2 minute silences every day!

We were very specifically invited to not make dick head comments on this thread, but you just couldn't resist, could you :facepalm:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Not quite comfortable "blaming" bad form on something that happens outside the life of a player / manager as it suggests someone is not capable of doing their job with things going on on the side, which is something no one can know about unless they are (in this case) Klopp himself or someone close to him.

There's lots of things going on all the time in the lives of staffs and managers. Problems with the family, problems with the wife, problems with kids, family getting sick or dying or not feeling bad... while I understand Icy's thoughts were well-meant, I personally think its a bit distasteful to speculate in it. Thought the same thing last year when GP lost his parents - it was pretty uncomfortable when people mentioned it as a "reason/excuse/whatever" to why Brighton might have lost. Its private stuff and we have no idea if/in what ways it affects the work of staff and players, so I dont think it should be something we speculate about.

I agree from experience when a member of a workplace team is having a difficult time especially management, the team show a resolve that normally means they increase their combined efforts to make "life" a bit easier for the person.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here