Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Mens Walking Boots

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Looking for recommendations for a good, solid pair of waterproof walking boots please.
I usually do a 10- 12k walk each weekend and 3-5k a day, mainly over downland.
Budget around £100

Thankyou in advance

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
Just had to replace mine - I got these in last couple of weeks from Millets on line (I walk similar distances etc to you). .. seem comfortable, but not everyone likes the heavier type..
Men’s Summit Waterproof Hiking Boots
Product code: 15900475
Size: 10
Quantity: 1
Cost: £99.00

The Clamp

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I find Decathlon to be good. I do a lot of walking and switched form big brand to Decathlon a few years ago.
100 will get you a very decent pair.

zefarelly

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I looked when we got a dog 5 years ago. I just couldn't lower my sartorial standards. Kickers DM's or desert boots for me, depending on the weather.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Thank you all for your replies so far. I will be googling them all this afternoon.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I spent weeks looking for some. I'm a vegetarian so didn't want any in leather and I'm size 13 and many brands don't go beyond 11 or 12. I did finally get some though but it was absolute pain,

I'm sure you'll find it easier :lolol:

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I find Decathlon to be good. I do a lot of walking and switched form big brand to Decathlon a few years ago.
100 will get you a very decent pair.

Seconded. Recently bought a pair - light, sturdy, warm and very good waterproofing. Great value at around £60 compared to ‘named’ equivalents. I use a lot of Decathlon running gear too, it’s excellent stuff.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
interetsing thread , wouldnt mind a pair but they all look so ugly,

I know its for walking but could they be worn in a pub and none of those listed I'd be comfortable doing that.

Timberlands do the job and double up for me but hoping to see some more replies

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009
I recently bought a pair of Merrell MOAB midlength (just over ankles) for about £90. Too soon to give a full report, but I am pleased with them. Comfortable, seem to be waterproof. I do country walks of 3-6 miles. Would be quite happy to wear them into a pub, if only...

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

I know its for walking but could they be worn in a pub and none of those listed I'd be comfortable doing that.

These are smart IMO. They make a decent boot as well.

But so do Timberland.

Do CAT still make boots? I have a pair which are well over 20 years old and still going.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

I believe it's considered acceptable these days for a man even of modest means to own more than one pair of footwear and indeed choose between them on a whim when mountaineering or visiting a public house.

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Seconded. Recently bought a pair - light, sturdy, warm and very good waterproofing. Great value at around £60 compared to ‘named’ equivalents. I use a lot of Decathlon running gear too, it’s excellent stuff.

Yep, decathlon is my go to for all sports/activity stuff now. And they know their stuff. Very user friendly and excellent quality gear. Sizes come up a bit small, which is something to be mindful of, other than that I wouldn’t look anywhere else now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here