Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton V Liverpool 1984 FA Cup

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Last time I saw this was on a Gulls Eye coach down to Plymouth many moons ago...

Bit blurry tbh.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Lighting striking twice :thumbsup:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Last time I saw it was at the match

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
No spoilers please, I've been avoiding the result until I could watch it.

Just to let you know the pitch was like a bowling green, made for free flowing game, well worth a watch :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Highlights of GP’s Swansea vs City on BT Sport at the moment

First time I’ve seen it. Swansea got some luck but Mariner will be disappointed with that. Non penalty and an offside winner

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I was there, a 15 year old kid in the East Stand.

Liverpool were at full strength and looking for revenge, we were in the 2nd Division.

Two goals in less than two minutes blew the Reds away. Brighton are back.

What made the images of those two breakaway goals even more enduring was that 1983-84 was the first season with live league and cup matches, and this was the first live televised cup round match not to feature a side from the top division. I taped it on the video recorded, got home and watched it all over again.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Corrigan superb, but couldn’t kick. Toe punts. Leg braking tackles everywhere but no pull backs or cynical stuff. Marvellous scenes.

PFW

Feb 16, 2017
The foot hills of Norfolk
That match was one of my best memories of the Goldstone, a true game of football, tackles flying in and played on a proper football pitch.

Great banter with the Liverpool fans on the way home to Surrey!!!!

Forgot what a tosser Ron Atkinson was, totally biased towards Liverpool

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I loved how the whole ground fell silent as Terry was racing through on goal in anticipation....

Pure gold...

I was living in Wigan at the time and went to school in Haydock, so most of the kids were Liverpool fans, Oh the joy on Monday morning at school.....

Feck you, you and you

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
so many good things about that.

The full blooded challenges and no free kicks
Not a dive in sight
Atmosphere
Terraces
FA Cup being everything
No phones
Pitch invasion
Haircuts
Big Ron

Steve Penny had a blinder

Bedlam when Connor put that away

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Liverpool were at full strength and looking for revenge, we were in the 2nd Division.

What made the images of those two breakaway goals even more enduring was that 1983-84 was the first season with live league and cup matches, and this was the first live televised cup round match not to feature a side from the top division. I taped it on the video recorded, got home and watched it all over again.

I was a 15-year-old in the North Stand!

I wear glasses and got so excited celebrating one of the goals they flew off my head! Luckily everyone had surged forward and I was able to reclaim them and enjoy the rest of the match!

Happy, happy days.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I might be completely making this up, but wasn't this the very first game televised live on a Sunday, in English football?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here