Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Forum software thread - wiped from existence?

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
I am sure there was a sticky/post that Bozza was updating the forum software soon, and we were to check our e-mail settings etc.

Now I can’t find anything about it.

What’s happening?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
maybe the upgrade happened, only select posters got the email and moved across? :moo:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I'm sure I read something about Tapatalk being ditched but I'm still using it

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Only those with a certain post count were moved to the other side ???

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I can't wait to move to a mobile friendly version and get away from tapatalk where there seems no way of turning off Bear Pit posts from poluting my Unread Posts feed.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Dont fix it if it aint broken.

vBulletin 4 is well broke. Yes, it still works (after a fashion), but it's ancient code, it's no longer properly supported by vBulletin (4.2.2 isn't supported at all, actually), it's riddled with security holes (some in vB 4 itself, some because it's not compatible with latest releases of PHP), is not great on mobile / tablet, etc.

In short: it's long overdue for being replaced. Plenty of far better options out there these days.

D

Deleted member 22389

I can't wait to move to a mobile friendly version and get away from tapatalk where there seems no way of turning off Bear Pit posts from poluting my Unread Posts feed.

This forum does have a mobile friendly version. Scroll to bottom of this page, and select NSC Mobile from the drop down menu

Last edited by a moderator:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
This forum does have a mobile friendly version. Scroll to bottom of this page, and select NSC Mobile from the drop down menu

It does but it's not very mobile friendly. It doesn't show avatar pictures but the word 'avatar' across the words that someone's posted. The standard version is a bit clunky on a mobile but at least it's legible

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Mobile phone?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Why are you always so absolute?
:facepalm:

Doesn't happen often but I'm with Swanny on this one.

That adage "If it aint broke, don't fix it" has stood me in good stead over the years and I've seen so often someone trying to fix something that ain't broken....and they break it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here