Venue: King Power Stadium
Date: Wednesday 10th February 2020
Kick-off: 19:30 GMT
Referee: Mike Dean
Assistants: Darren Cann, Timothy Wood
Fourth Official: Simon Hooper
VAR: Graham Scott
Additional VAR: Edward Smart

Leicester forward Jamie Vardy will feature in Wednesday's FA Cup fifth-round tie at home to Brighton as he returns to fitness.

However, Timothy Castagne, Wes Morgan, Dennis Praet and Wesley Fofana will all be absent as they recover from injury.

The Seagulls will be without injured quintet Adam Webster, Solly March, Tariq Lamptey, Davy Propper and Alireza Jahanbakhsh.

But Adam Lallana and Danny Welbeck could start for Graham Potter's side.

Vardy, 34, underwent hernia surgery in January but appeared as a substitute in Sunday's 0-0 draw at Wolves.

"You can see what he brings to the team," said Foxes manager Brendan Rodgers.

"We'll definitely get him some minutes on Wednesday, whether that's in the first period of the game, or the second, so he'll feature at some point.

"We'll make changes but it will be a strong 11. We have to consider the month of games and the early kick-off (against Liverpool on Saturday)."

Brighton boss Potter confirmed that the trip to the King Power Stadium had come too soon for Webster, after the 26-year-old injured his ankle against in the 1-1 draw at Burnley on Saturday.

But while the defender's absence is likely to be restricted to just this game, March is set to be out of action for an extended period after requiring surgery on a knee injury he picked up in the 1-0 Premier League win at Liverpool.

"Solly has had his operation and it's gone well, that's good for him and us," said Potter.

"The recovery will be slow but necessary, it's a blow because he's been really good, but that's football."

Match stats

• [*=left]Leicester are unbeaten in their last seven meetings with Brighton in all competitions (Won five, drawn two), and have already beaten the Seagulls 3-0 at home in the Premier League this season.
    [*=left]Brighton won their only previous FA Cup game against Leicester, winning a third round tie 2-1 away from home in January 1931.
    [*=left]Leicester are looking to reach the FA Cup quarter-final in consecutive seasons for the first time since doing so in 1967-68 and 1968-69.
    [*=left]Brighton have reached the FA Cup quarter-final in two of their three previous seasons as a Premier League side (2017-18 and 2018-19).
    [*=left]Leicester's seven FA Cup goals this season have all been scored by different players. Among Premier League sides, only Tottenham (nine) have scored more goals than the Foxes in the competition so far this term.
    [*=left]Brighton are unbeaten in their last four away FA Cup games (Won two, drawn two), their longest such run in the competition since a run of six between January 1986-December 1987.

Graham Potter's Newport County Press Conference

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Can you spot the deliberate mistake in the OP?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
This match depends on who plays for Leicester tonight.
We have no choice than to make many changes due to tiredness and injury.
I think it would be madness to put our strongest side out, unfortunately.
If Leicester put out a strong side I fear we are going to struggle, but either way I am looking forward to seeing how our replacements perform.
I never say we will lose so hoping for a late winner or penalties.

MJsGhost

Remembers
Jun 26, 2009
East
I will love it, LOVE IT, if BDB channels his inner Stuart Munday and SPANKS one into the top corner tonight

MJsGhost

Remembers
Jun 26, 2009
East

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Have to say I am relaxed about this one. I'll be pleased if we win but don't mind if we lose. How far do we want to go in the cup?

Our league position could worsen again . We don't want unnecessary fixtures. For a Premier club it is only remembered if you win it. Remember
We played the semi-final two years ago and lost and a month later Hughton was sacked.....

A1X

Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
No point doing too well in the cup when we can't look forward to a trip to Wembley as the fans

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I knew about Mike Dean reffing but Simon Hopper VAR as well! We seem to get Hooper rather a lot.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Vardy is back so I don’t hold out much hope or expectations for this one, frankly I think pulling further clear the quicker we can is far more important, so focus and saving key players for Villa at the weekend must be a priority....

Would still be nice to go through and take on Bournemouth in the next round at home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here