Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Any NSC members live in Cranmer Ave Hove

rudolf hucker

Jul 26, 2009
Hove
I'm not sure if any of you are aware but the council are proposing to close Weald Ave off to traffic. This would mean all Cranmer Ave traffic would need to enter and exit via Holmes Ave. The road is not really wide enough for a car to pass any large vehicle in the road meaning if you want to exit when a delivery is being made or the bin collections are being made you will be forced to sit and wait before you can leave. If a couple of people want to exit somebody will have to reverse back to Holmes Ave or back to Weald. All seems crazy to me. I know this isn't the busiest road but it is going to make it very difficult at times

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Not on it, but quite near it

I'm pretty sure it's wide enough that cars can pass each other. Certainly there are driveways where someone can pull in. Bin day would be a bit tricky to escape from yes

The measure would stop it being used as a rat run. It would probably be a more pleasant street for most of the week

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
If you look at the online consultation (it takes 20 minutes to complete, which is tactical btw stop people getting involved) this is one of many loony traffic schemes that this council are planning! I’d start thinking about ditching car/s It ain’t going to get better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'm not sure if any of you are aware but the council are proposing to close Weald Ave off to traffic. This would mean all Cranmer Ave traffic would need to enter and exit via Holmes Ave. The road is not really wide enough for a car to pass any large vehicle in the road meaning if you want to exit when a delivery is being made or the bin collections are being made you will be forced to sit and wait before you can leave. If a couple of people want to exit somebody will have to reverse back to Holmes Ave or back to Weald. All seems crazy to me. I know this isn't the busiest road but it is going to make it very difficult at times

Would you have to go along Cranmer to get into and out of the south entrance to the allotments then?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I'm pretty sure it's wide enough that cars can pass each other. Certainly there are driveways where someone can pull in. Bin day would be a bit tricky to escape from yes

The measure would stop it being used as a rat run. It would probably be a more pleasant street for most of the week

All things considered it seems a positive proposal.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Yes.Unless you are on a bike and you can then go the wrong way down the One Way route or use the pavement.

Tell me about it. And look at all these cyclists on the pavement just round the corner in Holmes Avenue. Why can't they obey the rules?

HolmesAve.PNG

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
There are quite a few other proposals on that consultation, such as making the OSR cycle paths permanent and introducing other cycle paths . (for example, linking Hove Park Upper School on Nevill Road to the OSR cycle route by removing parking)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Might be tad difficult for the vehicle collecting the bins too.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
If you look at the online consultation (it takes 20 minutes to complete, which is tactical btw stop people getting involved) this is one of many loony traffic schemes that this council are planning! I’d start thinking about ditching car/s It ain’t going to get better.

The Council have also been leaving roads off their maps in the consultation to make out that there are less roads where vehicles will need to enter/exit the proposed cycle lane extensions.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Greens have loony ideas ? Give over ! Robertson Road .... that's all I have to say !

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here