Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Nicknames That Make You Chuckle

el punal

Many moons ago I worked in a wine merchants shop (off-licence to you!). At the time we had a relief manager in charge. Anyway, the phone rang and I answered it, it was a call from another branch.
“Is Dennis the Whistling Biscuit Eater there?” Obviously I asked who the hell were they on about and was told it was the relief manager.

A short time later Dennis made an appearance, with a cup of tea, a plate of biscuits and then started to whistle.

Cool story bro! Over to you, people. :D

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
The ultimate nickname and it still makes me laugh every time i think about it is Eddie'The Eagle'Edwards.
Real piece of British humour as he was absolutely hopeless and flew like a bucket.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I am told a lady's nickname was Minty because she got going After Eight. No idea how true it is but that was what everyone knew her as.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Many moons ago I worked in a wine merchants shop (off-licence to you!). At the time we had a relief manager in charge. Anyway, the phone rang and I answered it, it was a call from another branch.
“Is Dennis the Whistling Biscuit Eater there?” Obviously I asked who the hell were they on about and was told it was the relief manager.

A short time later Dennis made an appearance, with a cup of tea, a plate of biscuits and then started to whistle.

Cool story bro! Over to you, people. :D

I used to love the smell of the old wine merchants...
reminded me of my grandparents ancient drinks cabinet.

Seem to remember the one in Goring road used to be particularly pungent.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
A long time ago I worked for a plastic widget manufacturer. One of the women on the factory floor was called Jane. When I was introduced to her, she asked me to call her Wookey.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
The Middlesex bowler Tim Murtagh is known by the nickname 'Dial-M' makes me smile.

The former Sussex player Naved Arif Gondal used to be called 'Barry' as in the great barry arif - barrier reef. Sadly, persona non gratia after involvement with Lou Vincent and match fixing.

zefarelly

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
one of my best mates gets called Cul-de-sac

Oliver, Olly, Bolly - Bollocks, and thereafter anything scrote related. . . .still makes me chuckle when I tihnk about it and thats 35 years later.

zefarelly

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We used to have a girl at school called Lefty, as apparently her left breast was larger than the right. Sadly for me, I was never given the chance to verify this

We had a girl at Steyning Grammar known as Himalayas . . . similar reasons.

I never got close enough to check thoroughly either.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Many years ago there was a bloke in Tunbridge Wells called Hitler.
He was quite a short person with blonde hair and did not even have a moustache.
He was a bit of a face but I and nobody else knew his name, everybody called him Hitler.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Former England captain Ali Cook as Chef always raises a smile. :lolol:

I also seem to recall Bas Savage being nicknamed Bungalow by some of our players because there was nothing upstairs.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Calamity (James)

One from school, a lad was known as 'Kinner' because this was how he started most sentences. I spoke to him last year and thankfully he appears to have ditched that habit 50 years ago.

Another was known as 'Di' after his younger brother popped into our class to tell our teacher, loudly, that X 'would not be in today because he has sickness and diarrhoea' :lolol:

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
We have a bloke at work that told us he was spoken to by the police when he was 15 for having sex with an underage girl. This was around the time when there was a big investigation going on in Australia due to the Pitcairn islands laws on the age of consent, if I recall they had just reduced it to 13. For the last decade or more he has only been referred to as Pitcairn.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here