Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pitch side cam vs. Burnley

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Gudmundsson's tackle on Connelly was absolutely horrendous.

Indeed

DNB.jpg

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London

I thought VAR would revisit that one. I am not a fan of Burnley, Dyche is a hypocritical ****. Banging on about teams and players diving etc. His team is well versed in the dark arts. Time wasting, sneaky elbows the lot. I'd mind that less if he wasn't constantly bleating on at officials ALL game and acting holier than thou afterward. ****.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Picture1.jpg

In what parallell universe is this NOT a red??

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
I thought the forearm smash on Ali Mac 2nd half was horrible too.. tbf, MacAllister got up, and acknowledged the apology from whoever dished it out, but it looked a nasty and I am not convinced was unintentional.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I thought the forearm smash on Ali Mac 2nd half was horrible too.. tbf, MacAllister got up, and acknowledged the apology from whoever dished it out, but it looked a nasty and I am not convinced was unintentional.

wasnt there 2 of them?

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
View attachment 133585

In what parallell universe is this NOT a red??
One footed tackle, kept his left out of the way, and he jumped ahead of the man and tripped him rather than actually kicking his leg. You can argue it might have been a red card, but not that it couldn't possibly be anything else.

If the ref had booked one more Burnley player, given 22 more free kicks, and sent 3 men off, then our disciplinary record would have been as bad as yours. That would be a source of shame. ???

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
One footed tackle, kept his left out of the way, and he jumped ahead of the man and tripped him rather than actually kicking his leg. You can argue it might have been a red card, but not that it couldn't possibly be anything else.

If the ref had booked one more Burnley player, given 22 more free kicks, and sent 3 men off, then our disciplinary record would have been as bad as yours. That would be a source of shame. ???

Have to disagree on that tackle - these days if you lunge in like with both feet off the ground that you're more than likely get sent off. I'm not saying it should be that way - but it is.

Two things helped Gudmundsson - the referee made his mind up very quickly that it was only a yellow card and secondly Connolly's reaction - he didn't roll around for half an hour but got up pretty quickly.

kemptown kid

Apr 17, 2011
A lot of rough stuff on Saturday - not unexpected, they do it very effectively, it's the Burnley way I guess and has served them well over many seasons. I suspect the TV commentators would have made more of it if Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea or another 'top club' had been on the receiving end of the flailing arms, deliberate body checks, lunging tackles etc. Good to see us taking a point, where sometimes we might have been bullied out of the game.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

There's no way he's "in control", that could have gone horribly wrong. I'd hope none of us would be defending our own players for a tackle like that.

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
There's no way he's "in control", that could have gone horribly wrong. I'd hope none of us would be defending our own players for a tackle like that.

Hmmmmm, I'm not sure I wouldn't defend it (Looks at the ground in shame!) . The freeze-frame looks terrible and it was a desperate foul that, had our players been in the same position, with an opposing player through, I might well have been screaming to "take him out".. not to cause injury of course and I understand that when you approach a challenge like that, you cant be sure, but somehow I didn't mind this obvious one as much as Kane's sly, backing into a player that feels far more dangerous. Funnily enough I thought Ben Mee's challenge was worse.. Maybe this says more about me than anything else!!

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

Sorry you are wrong and for that matter, on the wrong forum, you cannot be in control of your body when you are airborne and in itself is a reckless challenge...

Law 12 of Association Football says this...

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

As for your other snidey dig at our disciplinary record - clearly we aren’t as practised in the Dark Arts as your well drilled thugs...

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Dyche or is it Douche ( yes childish , but accurate ) is a nightclub bouncer and his team wrote the book on diving cheating moaning at the ref and simulation ( both of effecting a foul in or near the box or accidentally maiming an oppositions payers ) and heaven help the poor 4th officials ears ALL game . Scummy little team all in all .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here