Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Dean - dead fret

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
My Dean Dimebag guitar has a bit of a deaf, or "dead" note around the 12th fret. Where should I take it for sorting?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
About 10 years ago I used the Brighton Guitar Workshop in Brunswick Street West. They/he we're still there last time I went to The Bow Street Runner for a pint.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I think many posters here are confused that this thread is about a Dean Dimebag:

rzrltng.png

...instead of a Dean Douchebag.

93503_1.jpg

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think many posters here are confused that this thread is about a Dean Dimebag:

rzrltng.png

...instead of a Dean Douchebag.

93503_1.jpg

Yeah - I now feel bad about how many have taken this thread seriously...also a bit disgusted people think I own a Dean Dimebag guitar :laugh:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yeah - I now feel bad about how many have taken this thread seriously...also a bit disgusted people think I own a Dean Dimebag guitar :laugh:

In fairness I do actually own a Tele that needs setting up, so this thread is still useful!

I'd also like to use this excuse to plug my mate's guitar shop in Worthing - We Have Sound.

zefarelly

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
In fairness I do actually own a Tele that needs setting up, so this thread is still useful!

I'd also like to use this excuse to plug my mate's guitar shop in Worthing - We Have Sound.

I've been in there a few times, They probably/definitely use Graham for repairs. I have an earlier version of the Selmer amp they have on offer . . . . its been there a quite a while, they're great amps.

People have al sorts of stupid/bizarre names for their guitars, one ignores them generally.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I've been in thgere a few times, They probably/definitely use Graham for repairs. I have an earlier version of the Selmer amp they have on offer . . . . its been there a quite a while, they're great amps.

People have al sorts of stupid/bizarre names for their guitars, one ignores them generally.

I think he does use Graham, yes. Selmer amps are lovely.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing

I've been in there a few times, They probably/definitely use Graham for repairs. I have an earlier version of the Selmer amp they have on offer . . . . its been there a quite a while, they're great amps.

He was really helpful when I went in there a couple of years ago to buy Igzilla Jr his first guitar.

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
After spending hundreds/thousands of dollars over the years on guitar repairs and set ups, I decided it was time to learn to do it myself. This may be just a quarter turn on the truss rod, which is basically a “5 minute job”. It’s really not as intimidating as you’d think.

I have also bought a few cheap guitars in various states of disrepair and am spending time making them playable again, hopefully will shift them on for a few bucks more than I paid.

It’s also a very fun hobby.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
And this is what you should be playing with it. Probably one of the best riffs with a pinch harmonic you will ever hear. And the solo is not too shabby either! :)

On a guitar note gear I'm really tempted to trade in my old strat for a sexy looking Ibanez or ESP. However, I get sweaty palms at the thought of having to change strings with a Floyd Rose :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here