Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The FLOOD of football

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It feels relentless, doesn't it?

A final Premier League game of this round tonight before we're straight into the FA Cup, and then straight back to Premier League action at the weekend again.

The staggering of the games, with few PL games on at the same time, means it feels like game stretch out over the entire weekend like never before.

I'm enjoying it though - certainly helps to fill some time.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I honestly can't imagine the mental state of our household (myself and wife, plus 22 and 20 year old lads) without it, to be honest.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yeah, in normal times it would feel a little overkill.

Right now, it's very much needed.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Loving it. Provides a much needed distraction. Mix in the fact that im doing fantasy football means that im watching normally dull games with more interest in hope that a random goalkeeper/defender keeps a clean sheet.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
When I watched the Burnley game I felt a little bit like the players looked. Tired in body and brain, difficult to see details and nuances. No complaints though, I need my fussball.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Great for me, although my wife seems to be saying 'not another game on TV' every hour or so.

Yeah, although my wife now watches and enjoys Albion games as there is no argument that I am watching those, she’s not so keen on watching a game that doesn’t involve the Albion. It is a little selfish and potentially row inducing to insist on watching all of them :lolol:

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
Its the first time that I have some sympathy for the managers and players - it is relentless for them. The mental and physical demands for teams is huge.. interested to see how GP tackles the Cup game.. in terms of defenders, we don't have too many options do we? I guess Webster will be out, but we then have to hope no further damage to the remaining stalwarts. Our depth will be tested big time!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Mrs P is hating it. Good job I bought her a smart tv for the bedroom so now she buggers off upstairs to watch her shite programmes and leaves me alone to watch the footy :thumbsup:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
not sure its that different, just fewer games on Saturday 3pm and couple more at evenings slots.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Costing me too much.
Every evening KO costs a take away. I could retire upstairs but the main TV went kaput and blowed if I'm watching on a 22" upstairs with a 55" 4K now in residency downstairs.

el punal

Its the first time that I have some sympathy for the managers and players - it is relentless for them. The mental and physical demands for teams is huge.. interested to see how GP tackles the Cup game.. in terms of defenders, we don't have too many options do we? I guess Webster will be out, but we then have to hope no further damage to the remaining stalwarts. Our depth will be tested big time!

I know all teams are all in the same boat with injuries, fatigue - mental and physical, that it seems that the fittest or luckiest teams will prevail. I’ve lost track now of how many Albion players are on the sick list but it does worry me that the impetus of good results of late may stop because of it.

The consolation in all of this is that there is a gap of 10 points between us and the relegation spots. I hope that we don’t have to rely on that but it could be the worst case scenario.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I honestly can't imagine the mental state of our household (myself and wife, plus 22 and 20 year old lads) without it, to be honest.

Same here, though my other half would prefer slightly less football! For me and the boys though it really does give us something to look forward to during the current weekly grind of work and homeschooling.

It's not been good for my liver though, I've drunk more in the last month or so than I had done for a long time with the twice weekly games. Should probably try and get into the habit of drinking something healthy during the Brighton games rather than a four pack!

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Same here, though my other half would prefer slightly less football! For me and the boys though it really does give us something to look forward to during the current weekly grind of work and homeschooling.

It's not been good for my liver though, I've drunk more in the last month or so than I had done for a long time with the twice weekly games. Should probably try and get into the habit of drinking something healthy during the Brighton games rather than a four pack!

Some sort of fairly hard liquor is usually necessary when watching one of our games

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It makes up for the early season DROUGHT of football, or at least football that anybody really cares about. Season never seems to get properly under way until about November

A1X

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I think it shows just how much football there is, and why the clubs and players complain of burnout (something we don't tend to give much thought to when we aren't able to follow everything all the time). The annoying thing from my POV is there's never really much of a chance to "take stock" and assess where we are in the league, because there's always another crucial game coming along for someone almost immediately.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It feels relentless, doesn't it?

A final Premier League game of this round tonight before we're straight into the FA Cup, and then straight back to Premier League action at the weekend again.

The staggering of the games, with few PL games on at the same time, means it feels like game stretch out over the entire weekend like never before.

I'm enjoying it though - certainly helps to fill some time.

Yep. It's brilliant.

There was a day recently with no EPL or FAC game on and me and my game-watching pal were bereft and desolate.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Costing me too much.
Every evening KO costs a take away. I could retire upstairs but the main TV went kaput and blowed if I'm watching on a 22" upstairs with a 55" 4K now in residency downstairs.

Some sort of fairly hard liquor is usually necessary when watching one of our games

There's a money-saving tip for appeasing your wife - instead of buying her a takeaway, you could liquor...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here