Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where We Are

el punal

I’ve just been looking up our League table position after 23 games played in the previous three seasons. The similarity is extraordinary. At present we’re on 25 points, the same as 2019/20, for 2018/19 it was 26, and our first season 2017/18 it was 23.

The big difference is that currently we are 10 points clear of relegation, a nice little cushion which definitely was not the case in previous years. So despite struggling to get points on the board until the last couple of weeks we have been fortunate with the “three teams worse than us” syndrome - and boy, in comparison to previous PL campaigns of relegation teams at this stage, Sheffield Utd, West Brom and Fulham are really in the mire.

For us, the satisfaction of a superb set of recent results - 3 wins and 2 draws, with just one goal conceded - should give us the confidence to kick on. Not withstanding that safety net of 10 points. Happier days are here again! :albion2:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I’ve just been looking up our League table position after 23 games played in the previous three seasons. The similarity is extraordinary. At present we’re on 25 points, the same as 2019/20, for 2018/19 it was 26, and our first season 2017/18 it was 23.

The big difference is that currently we are 10 points clear of relegation, a nice little cushion which definitely was not the case in previous years. So despite struggling to get points on the board until the last couple of weeks we have been fortunate with the “three teams worse than us” syndrome - and boy, in comparison to previous PL campaigns of relegation teams at this stage, Sheffield Utd, West Brom and Fulham are really in the mire.

For us, the satisfaction of a superb set of recent results - 3 wins and 2 draws, with just one goal conceded - should give us the confidence to kick on. Not withstanding that safety net of 10 points. Happier days are here again! :albion2:

Lucky, there are 3 very poor sides this year.

My view is that the gap between PL and Championship is growing fast (due to financial disparities growing fast). I think 2 promoted clubs going down per season will become the norm

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here