Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] RevContent

August West

Jul 30, 2013
Is there a chance that someone here could give them some advice on digital advertising? Their “object Object” at the foot of every page is infuriating.

Brighton and Hove is full of brilliant techies so surely someone can give them a few hints.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Is there a chance that someone here could give them some advice on digital advertising? Their “object Object” at the foot of every page is infuriating.

Brighton and Hove is full of brilliant techies so surely someone can give them a few hints.

It's something to do with javascript and all that jazz

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire

You object to object object?

Dec 29, 2011
In Javascript an object is a piece of information that contains values, often in 'keys' and 'values'. You can almost think of it like a shopping list which defines the food needed (key) and the amount of each required (value). So this would be a simple object:

apples : 1
pears : 3
chicken : 2

If I gave you the list and asked to tell me how many apples I needed, you could return the answer one. However if I just gave you the list and ask 'how many do I need?', you wouldn't know which item I was trying to specify, so you'd probably just say something like 'it's a whole list of food, which item exactly do you mean?'. '

That is exactly what is happening here. The programmers are asking for information from an object ('list') but they haven't specified exactly what they want, so the computer returns 'object' to tell him it's not possible without further information.

Long story short, shit coding.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here