Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Minister Rules Out Vaccine Passports In UK

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
So you want some jumped up **** asking you for papers everywhere you go? The Nazi’s had the same idea.

Grow up.

I want anyone working in a care home jabbed or those working in a hospital jabbed. I want live sporting and musical events opened ASAP along with clubs and if a vaccine helps that happen, bring it in.

This is about getting out of lockdown and avoiding a third wave. Obviously it should be binned as soon as we get some normality back but it’s a hell of a lot better than the current rules we have in place which I never want to experience again in my lifetime.

Comparing this to the Nazis says more about you than it does about a scheme that hasn’t even been defined yet.

Yoda

English & European
Grow up.

I want anyone working in a care home jabbed or those working in a hospital jabbed. I want live sporting and musical events opened ASAP along with clubs and if a vaccine helps that happen, bring it in.

This is about getting out of lockdown and avoiding a third wave. Obviously it should be binned as soon as we get some normality back but it’s a hell of a lot better than the current rules we have in place which I never want to experience again in my lifetime.

Comparing this to the Nazis says more about you than it does about a scheme that hasn’t even been defined yet.

By the time it comes to them starting it (they are looking at 1st July at the earliest) The majority of Adults in this country would've already had their first jab (should they wish to have one), so what's then the point? Case's, hospital admissions & deaths could be so low by then that they may only be doing a weekly announcement rather than a daily one.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Grow up.

You must be the only person who is happy with a private company having full access to your medical records.

The government will use this as an excuse to introduce ID cards which we really don’t want, the excuse well I have nothing to hide is nonsense, everyone should be entitled to privacy.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
My problem with the passports is it when they are introduced. It would be extremely unfair if young people yet to be called for their vaccine are shut out of a society they have sacrificed the most to protect.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The fact that Corbyn is standing shoulder to shoulder with Iain Duncan-Smith alongside around 11% of other MPs against vaccine passports tells me that they are a very good idea indeed and could really get our economy going whilst avoiding a third wave.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56605598

I think Bojo is the worst PM this country has seen for decades & decades but he’ll have my backing if he goes for the passport plan.

Indeed. I'm surprised to read people saying that the vaccine does not prevent people catching Covid, and that it can reduce symptoms to the point where you don't know you have it but you can still spread it, and that because of this there is no point being vaccinated. Just **** right off if you think like that, and don't get caught in a conflagration because my bladder will already be empty.

Hilltop

Banned
Mar 20, 2021
Grow up.

£38 billon was spunked down the pan on that ridiculous idea of having a track and trace system that clearly wasn't going to work.

So now you're saying a vaccine passport will solve the economy? :laugh:

F*** me we've lost the plot. What next? Camera's in our bathrooms so the government know we're not doing anything sneaky in them? If it fights Covid then why not?

PS if you want to get a rough idea of how big just 1 billon is watch this

Hilltop

Banned
Mar 20, 2021
You must be the only person who is happy with a private company having full access to your medical records.

The government will use this as an excuse to introduce ID cards which we really don’t want, the excuse well I have nothing to hide is nonsense, everyone should be entitled to privacy.

Nope. There's still plenty of mask wearing, paranoid nutcases absolutely petrified of a 99.6% chance of dying from this kung flu IF they even catch it. Logic doesn't apply with these folk unfortunately and even if it meant having to chop their own knobs off, they'd do it if the TV/newspaper experts tells them it'll fight Covid.

Online bowls clubs like here are probably not the best places to get a rough estimate on what the majority are thinking with all this, so just let them keep blurting out whatever MSM bullshit they've took comfort in believing. Give it another 4/5 years of this and maybe, just maybe they might start seeing things differently.

Last edited:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Nice to see the conspiracy theory crowd crawling back out from under their rock having made complete idiots of themselves with their half baked and dangerous theories all through the pandemic.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
My problem with the passports is it when they are introduced. It would be extremely unfair if young people yet to be called for their vaccine are shut out of a society they have sacrificed the most to protect.
Can you imagine the cup final crowd trial event it will be full of pensioners snacking on meals on wheels at half time.

Hilltop

Banned
Mar 20, 2021
Nice to see the conspiracy theory crowd crawling back out from under their rock having made complete idiots of themselves with their half baked and dangerous theories all through the pandemic.

Go back into your little dark room, wear that mask and keep preaching your deluded fear to everyone on here.

No one believes your 'stay in fear' shit anymore. You are the conspiracy theorists preaching lies about a virus that apparently can creep through walls and sneak through windows. No one believes the BBC or the government anymore so give it a break please and why not go outside and breath some fresh air? or even more dangerous why not actually talk to someone?

Have you not seen whats just happened in Belgium?

Are you still pretending to be in some sort of war with a disease that lurks around just like the UFO's did in Roswell? Those tinfoil hatters back then were once seen as fruitcakes. Now we're all wearing masks, begging for needles into our veins whilst walking around with tracking apps!

How the tables have turned.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
It’s an absolute disgrace, there is no other words anymore for this joke of a government, and the worst thing is you can gauruntee the ‘opposition’ will just abstain from voting again.

I won’t be even offered a vaccine until at least July, so not ‘fully vaccinated’ until at least September, how the flying f**k are any of the vaccine passport required places going to survive? What about all the people who work in football stadiums, nightclubs, theatre etc who are in my age group?

This is unworkable and quite frankly I feel worse now than I have during any point of the pandemic, how have we ended up in this utter debacle? Shameful.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Go back into your little dark room, wear that mask and keep preaching your deluded fear to everyone on here.

No one believes your 'stay in fear' shit anymore. You are the conspiracy theorists preaching lies about a virus that apparently can creep through walls and sneak through windows. No one believes the BBC or the government anymore so give it a break please and why not go outside and breath some fresh air? or even more dangerous why not actually talk to someone?

Have you not seen whats just happened in Belgium?

Are you still pretending to be in some sort of war with a disease that lurks around just like the UFO's did in Roswell? Those tinfoil hatters back then were once seen as fruitcakes. Now we're all wearing masks, begging for needles into our veins whilst walking around with tracking apps!

How the tables have turned.

Tables have turned have they? Nearly 130,000 in this country have died from Coronavirus, a fair proportion of which would have been saved if the government had acted quicker and earlier. All this time people were claiming it was nothing worse than bad flu and we should reduce all the restrictions.

Well at long last the people in power seem to actual have got it. The vaccine has come to all our rescue but is still being distributed - I am 47 and haven't had it yet - so if the government at long last wish to exercise some caution then I am minded to back them.

Now please go and find where I said everyone should stay inside or retract.

Hilltop

Banned
Mar 20, 2021
Making it up as they go along.

Look at this one! It's not even got anything to do with Covid!

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/over-70s-facing-driving-curfew-in-licence-shake-up-hkgccl3r6

You see, if you keep complying with them, they'll just keep taking more of your freedoms. Welcome to dystopia. This is what you now get for obeying and complying. They now think they can introduce all sorts of nonsense like this and everyone will just accept it like the good little obedient sheep they've been during this Covid pandemic.

Don't say you weren't warned.

Hilltop

Banned
Mar 20, 2021
Tables have turned have they? Nearly 130,000 in this country have died from Coronavirus, a fair proportion of which would have been saved if the government had acted quicker and earlier. All this time people were claiming it was nothing worse than bad flu and we should reduce all the restrictions.

Well at long last the people in power seem to actual have got it. .

So what you're saying is, the people in power have finally agreed it should be treated as a bad flu?

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/uk-lockdown-britons-covid-19-flu-prof-chris-whitty-b927622.html

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'd be amazed if this actually happens. What confuses a lot of my friends who were born abroad is our aversion to "showing our papers/ids" that goes across the political spectrum.

It's a very British thing which killed the New Labour ID card idea.

We've already been tentatively asked at work whether we would be okay being asked whether we have been vaccinated or not. This was simply about future planning about return to office and risk.

I predict the reaction will be typically British, "as you ask I have been, but you have no right to ask me."

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Look at this one! It's not even got anything to do with Covid!

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/over-70s-facing-driving-curfew-in-licence-shake-up-hkgccl3r6

You see, if you keep complying with them, they'll just keep taking more of your freedoms. Welcome to dystopia. This is what you now get for obeying and complying. They now think they can introduce all sorts of nonsense like this and everyone will just accept it like the good little obedient sheep they've been during this Covid pandemic.

Don't say you weren't warned.

I'm not sure that the freedom to drive while blind or suffering from dementia is a freedom I support.

I have no time for Boris the liar, but I'm also inclined to select my battles. Throwing bricks over the wall where the politicians live is the sort of thing I might have done when I was twelve. Anyway....

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Seen as I haven’t had coronavirus that I know of and won’t be ‘fully vaccinated’ till at least September the only way I will be able to have a normal life and not be discriminated against is if I can catch Corona normally and have natural immunity, COVID party anyone?

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
I'm not sure that the freedom to drive while blind or suffering from dementia is a freedom I support.
This isn't about freedom to drive while blind. Blind people aren't allowed to drive, full stop.

What this is, is about control of over-70's. At present, plenty of over 70's know their driving abilities and only drive in daylight and avoid motorways or even long distance journeys. It seems the DVLA wants to regularise that and allow people, for example, to have daytime-only licences if they are safe to drive in daytime but not in the dark. (This could also apply to younger people but that's not in the plans.) I don't have a problem with that.

The problem is that it will be partially enforced by fitting trackers on vehicles. (Presumably to make it work they would need to be "intelligent" trackers so they know who is driving.) I do have a problem with that.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here