Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Minister Rules Out Vaccine Passports In UK

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
only if we want to deliberately misinterpret the position. we will not require proof of vaccine. if other countries require it, people will need to obtain proof, it will provided from GPs.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Good.

The young have made massive sacrifices to protect the old.

We can't now have only the old allowed to live it up and fly away while the young are still grounded and sacrificing.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Good.

We can't now have only the old allowed to live it up and fly away while the young are still grounded and sacrificing.

Technically the gov don’t need to bring one in, other countries can and we can do it for those coming in

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Good.

I’ve worked in social care throughout the whole thing, in some cases looking after people with Covid. I get my second jab in April. I’d like to be able to take a well earned holiday after a year of 60-90 hour weeks.
I’m sure I am not alone.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I’ve worked in social care throughout the whole thing, in some cases looking after people with Covid. I get my second jab in April. I’d like to be able to take a well earned holiday after a year of 60-90 hour weeks.
I’m sure I am not alone.
Then let everybody - including the young who have made sacrifices to protect the old. Don't keep the young grounded.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Then let everybody - including the young who have made sacrifices to protect the old. Don't keep the young grounded.

My point is, not everyone who is vaccinated is an oldie. If it’s safe to do so, it would be great if everyone who is vaccinated could travel. Can’t see it happening soon though.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
My point is, not everyone who is vaccinated is an oldie. If it’s safe to do so, it would be great if everyone who is vaccinated could travel. Can’t see it happening soon though.
And my point is that you can't keep the young grounded by way of a thank you for sacrificing so much to protect the old.

Now I can see that other countries may not let un-vaccinated people in, but our Government shouldn't be getting involved.

There will be a next time. The young could have to sacrifice again. Is this a good reward to encourage them next time ?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
And my point is that you can't keep the young grounded by way of a thank you for sacrificing so much to protect the old.

Now I can see that other countries may not let un-vaccinated people in, but our Government shouldn't be getting involved.

There will be a next time. The young could have to sacrifice again. Is this a good reward to encourage them next time ?

I absolutely agree. Just a shame that those of us who are young and vaccinated because we have been on the frontline, are also barred from travel even though we now pose little risk. Oh well, another sacrifice for the Boomers.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
I take the point about young people, but in due course, once everyone has had the chance to get a vaccine, I think it’s reasonable to require some sort of certification of vaccination for people who want to travel, or work in certain kinds of job.

It’s unfair to discriminate against people who’ve not been offered the jab yet, but it’s not unfair to discriminate against people who refuse to have it (luckily it sounds as if there aren’t going to be very many of those, but there will always be some).

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Good.

Don’t mention the war, sshhhhhhh.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
only if we want to deliberately misinterpret the position. we will not require proof of vaccine. if other countries require it, people will need to obtain proof, it will provided from GPs.

I was given a slip of paper, signed by the health worker, dated, and with the manufacturer and batch number on it. There was space for the second jab details below.
So, I’ll keep that with my passport, so my GP isn’t overrun with frivolous applications from all their patients, when they could be doing their proper jobs of helping people.

A laminated card would be so much simpler to hand out at the vaccine centres.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Makes total sense - if the vaccine doesn't fully stop transmission, there's not much point in a vaccination passport anyway as you may still be carrying the virus. By being vaccinated you're mainly protecting yourself, not others. Recent negative tests will be more of a requirement than proof of vaccination IMO - I can see lateral flow (almost instant result) tests on both departure and arrival being the norm as things open up. It's not too much of a step away from what has been happening in many Asian countries for years - all passengers scanned as they arrive for high temperature.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
there was a chap on radio this week, was building the IT system for NHS to issue a certificate of vaccination. a certificate you understand, defiantly not a passport.

Think it’s a good idea for a limited time, the states have announce USA nationals don’t need to quarantine if had 2 jabs

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Seems they are looking at a two tiered system here

Media claims there will be two types of pubs

1. Free for all with test/vaccine passports
2. Social distanced / rule of 6 / limited capacity

Hmmm

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Seems they are looking at a two tiered system here

Media claims there will be two types of pubs

1. Free for all with test/vaccine passports
2. Social distanced / rule of 6 / limited capacity

Hmmm

either way will lead to pubs not bothering to open or people not going out as much as they would, the reopening the economy will fall flat on its face. Johnson appears to be snatching defeat from the jaws of victory here. hopefully its "looking" at and the final outcome will be watered down advice rather than legal restrictions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here