Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tired

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Let's get the 'highly trained very fit players' bit out the way. Yes they are. But in your prime could you-
Fly to Wales and play 120 mins of football on a tough pitch. Return home around 1 am
3 days later fly to Manchester for another strength sapping game. Return home about 1 am
3 days later fly to Leeds for victory. Return home about 9 pm
Week training.
Easy home game v Blackpool
4 days later home again to Fulham
4 days later hard game v Spurs
4 days later fly to Liverpool. Home at 1:30 am
3 days later fly to Manchester on to Burnley. Return home 9 pm
This all started on the 10th January.
8 games, 5 away, 10 flights and a couple of days off.
Hats off to the person organising the travel and the players for staying fit.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Let's get the 'highly trained very fit players' bit out the way. Yes they are. But in your prime could you-
Fly to Wales and play 120 mins of football on a tough pitch. Return home around 1 am
3 days later fly to Manchester for another strength sapping game. Return home about 1 am
Week training.

...and the person making the sandwiches..cutting the oranges and washing the kit

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Also, just a few % drop in fitness shows so much in the premier league and pro football. Injuries have crippled our squad. If he decides to rotate v Leicester and we get a thumping I’ll take it on my chins.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Week training.

If thats the price you have to pay for 40k a week.......give me a shirt.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Week training.

I agree they're probably tired but you make it sound like these are long flights! Probably about an hour each time and I doubt they're travelling economy, most likely private charter. Arrive at airport, walk straight on and then straight off the other end.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
All physical levels can be scientifically measured.
The club will have data on the energy each player has used and what they need in the coming weeks.

Our sports science department will provide all the information needed on who should be considered for selection.
It's no longer a case of asking a player if he can give another 90 minutes.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Week training.

Who is responsible for addressing our club’s appalling carbon footprint? You’d like to think for a forward thinking club like ours we might be factoring that in at some point. Get the f***ers cycling to games or something, buy them all Teslas, get them to buy or lease ther own, but it seriously needs addressing.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Just look at the bigger picture - almost all of the big clubs have had a dip this season brought on by fatigue. When talismanic figures get injured - like Mane, Kane, Ings, even Chris Wood - the mental edge goes.

Some of these coaches are like jockeys, having to whip the horse back into performing. Dyche did it at half-time yesterday, Mourinho has done it at half-time today, Potter did it against Wolves, Bruce has done it for Newcastle.

The ability to change momentum is key, and right now I don't see how the bottom three are going to do it. I can only see the gap between them and the rest getting bigger.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I find it extremely hard to feel sorry for someone being a bit tired when they earn the disgusting amount of money they do.
I do a physically and mentally draining job day in, day out, for a fraction of what they earn, as do millions of others out there.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
oh just give all some Kendal Mint cake and a glass of Lucasade, if that don’t perk em up nothing will. well perhaps chuck in a glass or two of Buckfast Tonic Wine to make certain.

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
Week training.

Both Klopp and Jose cited 'fatigue' as the reason they both underperformed, rather than ' playing crap'.

It would be interesting, but I can't be bothered, to compare their travel schedules with ours. I think L'pool made two visits to London before our game but that really isn't very far. The train is only a couple of hours and flying or coach quicker.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There's millionaire footballer tired and then there's minimum wage NHS worker tired. Pretty sure one is worth WAY more to society than the other. Sooner football finally eats itself the better :wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here