Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Super Bowl LV - Kansas City Chiefs v Tampa Bay Buccaneers **Official Match Thread**

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It's the big game tonight at 23:30 and 22,000 fans attending (1 in 4).

Unique as the first time in American Football history the Super bowl has a team playing in the final at their home stadium - the Bucs.

So will it be young gun Mahomes or the old man Brady who will triumph, heart says Brady but think the young gun will repeat last years performance.

See it live on BBC1 or Sky Sports

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Finding it hard to get excited.

Partly because it's a 3:30am start here, so not sure I can be bothered to get up then.

Partly because the wind was taken out of my playoff sails when my team (Seattle) capitulated so woefully against the Rams. Don't think we were Superbowl-worthy, but been hard to regain enthusiasm after that.

And partly because I really don't fancy the thought of bloody Tom Brady winning again. Hopefully the Chiefs can win easily.

I'm going Chiefs by at least two scores. 31–20.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Looking forward to it, as ever, as a neutral.

I'll watch the first half and then decide whether I'm sticking around for the rest. This may depend on how well I've paced my consumption of snack products.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
hoping to see brady crying later. no love for either team, but lots of dislike for that cheater.

Disciple

Dec 27, 2020
I don't particularly like either team but want Mahomes to beat Brady. With Spags as DC the Chiefs will have an excellent game plan. Think Brady will be looking for redemption against him for the embarrassment he dished out in 2007 but hoping he dishes up another 3 Ints today, like he did in the Championship game.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Two hours of commercials, two hours of various breaks in plays and about ten minutes of action in a sport where I dont the rules or what is happening. Looking forward to it.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
You have to give credit to the NFL for completing the season, given all the circumstances. There have been some incredible matches; my interest in the sport has been totally reignited over the past few months This is probably, in part at least, because my Bills have finally become properly good again for the first time in 25 years! I'm no fan of Tom Brady, but I'm also struggling to find any enthusiasm for the Chiefs, who fans (justifiably?) seem to have a level of arrogance which reminds me of the Pats, and I fear that they may dominate for years to come. Usually cheer for the AFC team, though, so will begrudgingly root for KC tonight.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Has the potential to be a classic. The Goat versus the young man who yet usurp that title from him. I am really looking forward to the game.

Sadly for me the day has been overshadowed by the extremely sad news of Around the NFL's Chris Wesseling's passing. Such a fine man and along with the other "Heroes" on the show a companion in my ears for many many years. So sad for Lakisha as well as Dan, Marc and Gregg and all that knew Chris personally. He will be missed.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Genuinely hoping Mahomes wins the day and believe that he will.

Absolutely certain I'll fall asleep before the end and possibly before the beginning. As ever, recording it, avoiding the internet and watching with the ad breaks fast forwarded is probably the way I'll go.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Genuinely hoping Mahomes wins the day and believe that he will.

Absolutely certain I'll fall asleep before the end and possibly before the beginning. As ever, recording it, avoiding the internet and watching with the ad breaks fast forwarded is probably the way I'll go.

Have taken a day off tomorrow, still not confident of staying awake

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Coalburner

May 22, 2017
Will record it,as I always do, so that I can watch later and fast forward all the bits that aren't actual play. No real preference for a winner since the New Orleans Saints got knocked out

Jul 7, 2003
Hard for a Broncos fan to cheer on the Chiefs but also find it hard to support the Brady Buccs. However, you can't help but like Andy Reid and another SB for him would be great.

I have a feeling that the Buccs might just sneak this as the Chiefs D has not been great and Mahomes is still suffering from his toe injury.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
I will be staying up to watch it. I'd like Tampa Bay to win it and Brady doing it for the older dudes. First team to ever play in a home Super Bowl, 22,000 fans allowed in too. The NFL has invited 7,500 vaccinated health care workers to the Super Bowl for free. Lovely touch.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
superbowl b.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here